User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And men's talk reveals a brilliant grasp of reality.
    I think that in prosperous countries women have a better grasp of reality.
    So which is it? Do men have a better grasp of reality, or do women? Or do men just talk about it more?

I suspect it is more that the reality of women on average differs from that of men, which of course influences the conversation of each.

On top of that all scientists know anecdotal evidence, and so Personal Testimony, has no validity.
    Not at all. In science, anecdotal evidence just means insufficient data to draw a definitive conclusion. Quite often, however, it is useful in suggesting ideas or in guiding the collection of additional data.

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I have a large circle of aquaintances, but a small circle of friends that I share my inner self with. This circle is comprised of five friends irl and one online friend, not family members. [Of course, family members are in the inner circle,] but I'm talking about the six people I hang out with and choose to spend my time with. All of these friends are male, except for one and she dresses and acts like a male. What on earth does that say about me?!
    Your preferred manner and topics of conversation are closer to those traditionally preferred by men than by women. My experience has been the same.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Enneagram
    9w8

Not at all. In science, anecdotal evidence just means insufficient data to draw a definitive conclusion. Quite often, however, it is useful in suggesting ideas or in guiding the collection of additional data
    Thank you, Coriolis, for understanding. This was exactly my purpose. Also, I find interesting that your communication experience between genders has been the same. To me, it suggests that personality factors may outweigh gender.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

I know it seems to be agreed that women are basically more emotional creatures compared to men. More sensitive to a person's emotional cues, a greater awareness of reading between the lines of someone's emotions. I guess it's called emotional intelligence. Is Mole looking at how this often gets portrayed? It wouldn't mean what Mole says would be for all women or all men, since people channel their nature in their own unique ways, but I suppose the underlying concept would still be there, if people agree of their own assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    The gossipy chit-chatter of women is the equivalent of the bro-fisting grunts of men talking about cars and bangin' whores. The form may be different, but the conceptual content's the same.
    Oh, right. But what do you see the concept as?

Default Abuse of Power

To avoid your constant harassment, Coriolis, I have tried to put you on Ignore.

But this is not possible because you are a Moderator.

So you are able to harass me at will.

This is called the abuse of your position as Moderator.

Default Parochialism

I think it is worthwhile repeating that Personal Testimony is a religious practice of Protestantism.

And the religious practice of Personal Testimony is taken for granted in the USA.

Americans think that Personal Testimony is taken for granted throughout the world.

This is called parochialism.

Enneagram
    9w8

@Mole my intentions had nothing to do with religion or being Protestant or being American. I sincerely wanted to add to your thread, but in all of interactions, I have discovered one thing about you: you truly are a blind or at least, very short-sighted, mammal.

I will not revisit this thread; therefore, any comeback on your part is a wasted effort, and @Coriolis, from what I've seen, has been nothing but fair, open-minded and honest in her dealings with you.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

To avoid your constant harassment, Coriolis, I have tried to put you on Ignore.

But this is not possible because you are a Moderator.

So you are able to harass me at will.

This is called the abuse of your position as Moderator.
    My responses to what you post hardly constitute harrassment. But you are correct that it is not possible to put madmins on ignore. You are welcome, of course, simply to ignore anything I post as an ordinary member, such as in this thread.

I will also do my best not to respond to you personally, which may minimize our interaction. If I disagree with a general idea you post on a public thread, however, I will probably reply to present my perspective. These posts will be, and always have been, directed more at the thread participants at large rather than at you personally.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    @Mole my intentions had nothing to do with religion or being Protestant or being American. I sincerely wanted to add to your thread, but in all of interactions, I have discovered one thing about you: you truly are a blind or at least, very short-sighted, mammal.

I will not revisit this thread; therefore, any comeback on your part is a wasted effort, and @Coriolis, from what I've seen, has been nothing but fair, open-minded and honest in her dealings with you.
    It's true I am a short sighted little Mole. And not seeing far I see closely, and I can see the Protestant religious practice of Personal Testimony permeates your work.

And I can see you support Coriolis in her abuse of power as moderator.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Mole, I have to ask... Do you talk the way you type? With big pauses between sentences, even if they are part of the same thought?
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

By and large women enjoy talking with each other. This is because women talk to make each other feel better.

And by and large men talk about reality.

And this explains why, by and large, women don't like talking to men so much. And this is because women want talk to make them feel better not to relate to reality.

And women try to teach men to talk in such a way as to make them feel better. But men are pretty hopeless at this.
    This is too black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelLight2012 View Post
    Meh - I'm siding with the guys on this one.
    I'm not sure that is feminism.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green