10 62.50%
  • Stayed the same

4 25.00%
First 123

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Agreed.

I also find it a bit irritating that everyone is so quick to label their self as ADD/ADHD.

I know for a fact I'm not ADD/ADHD. anyways I don;t know why I have no attention span, but that's not why. I'm one of those people that forgets words a lot or what I'm saying or easily distracted by what's going on around me, but that doesn't mean I'm add/adhd
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Agreed.

I also find it a bit irritating that everyone is so quick to label their self as ADD/ADHD.

Most people in the thread seem to have labels of "ADD/ADHD" given to them by a psychiatrist- they haven't "labelled their self." I realize this condition (along with a wide array of others) is over/misdiagnosed some populations. Is that aspect what irks you? Just curious.

I think overall, in terms of aging/attention span, the same would apply across the board to practically anyone with/without any existing diagnosis. Neurologically speaking, if you don't use it often enough (engage certain established connections), you lose it, right?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I know for a fact I'm not ADD/ADHD. anyways I don;t know why I have no attention span, but that's not why. I'm one of those people that forgets words a lot or what I'm saying or easily distracted by what's going on around me, but that doesn't mean I'm add/adhd
    I wasn't talking about you. I just meant in general, a lot of people try to claim they have add/adhd.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    yupp

I wasn't talking about you. I just meant in general, a lot of people try to claim they have add/adhd.
    I know, but I wanted to share.

and also with aspergers, autism, and other things. Everything I say I have I've been officially dxed and been in psych wards multiple times (not to brag, just pointing out, that sometimes I wonder if someone claims to have schizophrenia or bipolar (the one that can cause psychosis) and never been hospitalized I get suspicious, Know that's wrong but it's the truth)

that being said I have my doubts about my own dx (what it is, is not the point)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Most people in the thread seem to have labels of "ADD/ADHD" given to them by a psychiatrist- they haven't "labelled their self." I realize this condition (along with a wide array of others) is over/misdiagnosed some populations. Is that aspect what irks you? Just curious.

I think overall, in terms of aging/attention span, the same would apply across the board to practically anyone with/without any existing diagnosis. Neurologically speaking, if you don't use it often enough (engage certain established connections), you lose it, right?
    The bolded.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

If extroversion is a result of low mental arousal and introversion a result of high mental arousal, how does attention span differ between the two?
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I marked that it has deteriorated because I have lost it for the important things. When I was in school, I had little attention span for maintenance activities and obligations, but was endlessly focused on things I actually loved, like my craft and like reading. I got a shitload done and do not regret the practical price. In college, this flipped over backwards. Now I can put more focus on security-related tasks and have more of a sense of my physical status and the condition of what I own, but find it very hard to get into my passions at the old pace. My internet use also went up in college, too, along with a greater distractability by escape activities like that. You can call what I am now normal, but normal to me has a stink of self-sabotage, as organized and well-housetrained as it appears.

Note: not blaming college for my own habits. It's just a convenient time marker.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    I marked that it has deteriorated because I have lost it for the important things. When I was in school, I had little attention span for maintenance activities and obligations, but was endlessly focused on things I actually loved, like my craft and like reading. I got a shitload done and do not regret the practical price. In college, this flipped over backwards. Now I can put more focus on security-related tasks and have more of a sense of my physical status and the condition of what I own, but find it very hard to get into my passions at the old pace. My internet use also went up in college, too, along with a greater distractability by escape activities like that. You can call what I am now normal, but normal to me has a stink of self-sabotage, as organized and well-housetrained as it appears.

Note: not blaming college for my own habits. It's just a convenient time marker.
    This is basically what I was trying to say, but you more eloquently phrased it.

It's funny to think about it now, but it's almost as though the grass is greener on the other side. I always wish my attention and focus were on the opposite of what it is on. When I was younger, I thought there was something inherently wrong with me because I couldn't get my attention to focus on the things people told me I should be focusing on: my future, a career, school, grades, money, savings, security. Now I've trained myself to adjust, and now I feel less creatively minded and can no longer bring myself to focus on the things I used to expend energy and attention on.
    -John Green