2 12.50%
  • Gotten shorter

10 62.50%
  • Stayed the same

4 25.00%
First 123 Last

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    the opposite happened to me, when I was younger I could read for hours, now i'm lucky if I read a whole page without wandering off to go do something completely different.
    Hm. Any theories as to why?

I find internet usage really weakens my mental discipline.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post

not really, I mean I do, but i'd prefer not to disclose
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I've overall remained the same. I was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult, but teachers tried to get my mother to explore that when I was a kid. Because she did not, I had to find ways to adapt without the aid of medications. I switch between modes of a kind of hyperfocus (sometimes on necessary tasks that may not pique my interest, but I am intent on completing them- I'm not fully present in mind with these activities, though my body performs the actions, & it's hard to tear me away from it). On other occasions (on the same given day) I'm scattered completely in body/mind, highly distractable, short attention span, inability to sit still. Medications have helped even out the field, but I find I revert back to the same variations when I don't take them. I can function either way. The full recommended dosage would increase my ability to focus, but it diluted elements of my creativity- that internal spontaneity that makes anything worth doing in the first place- so I take less than half the recommended dose, if I take it at all.

In short, medicated intervention aside, my attention span has been about the same. All over the damn place.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I was dxed ADHD (inattentive) but have learned coping mechanism. I can read long books with no problem as long as they are stories, but I have to listen to audiobooks to keep on task doing boring stuff like washing dishes. Music doesn't keep enough of my mind engaged to keep me on autopilot.

In classes, I take notes to help keep my mind from wandering. Though a lot of the classes I've taken have been interesting enough to keep my attention because I like learning new stuff.

What I really hate are things like graduations and church services, etc where it is rude to read something and you just have to sit there not really learning any new information for over an hour. I think if I ever had to do church regularly again, I'd buy a kindle and put a Bible on it so no one would know what I was reading unless they were rudely nosey.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

it's not great. my mom has tried to talk me into trying to get ADD meds for a while now. maybe i'll do it one day.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    yupp

everyone has add/adhd or bipolar these days. I think the people who need treatment are the ones that don't have a mental disorder, since clearly they're diagnosing more people to make more money
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm ADD as shit. I can barely focus on anything for five minutes without losing interest or at the very least, needing a break, and I've always had trouble reading, especially if the subject isn't about me (I have to read the same fucking paragraph three times before I understand what someone else has written) -- I much prefer writing over reading. But I'm sure much of this could be bipolar, as well, or maybe my intense desire for change in my life that's prevented due to my work and stuff.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

If not the same, it's probably shorter now. But longer in situations that need it. Does that make sense?

For instance, I never had a great attention span for school when I was younger. My mind drifted off a lot. I even had that problem when college first began. But after I took time out of school and returned, I found my attention span had increased and I am capable of focusing on the materials I need to focus on.

However, when I was younger I was capable of focusing a lot of mental energy on just pondering and on artistic pursuits. I liked to draw and would focus a lot of energy on 'seeing' and then recreating the beautiful world around me. Now that I'm older, I find it harder to sit and do those types of things. I used to also focus a lot of time on journaling and putting my thoughts out there. But now, it seems almost exhausting to even think about writing like that.

Overall, I feel well adjusted and dull.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post

Agreed.

I also find it a bit irritating that everyone is so quick to label their self as ADD/ADHD.

"I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green