First 2345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    While I am elucidating psychological warfare from the ancient Chinese The Art of War by Sun Tzu, to the modern Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell, you accuse me of waging psychologal warfare, while at the same time deliberately insulting me personally.
    As opposed to impersonally insulting you? Anyway, you're just molling again.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Gaslighting is a form of mental abuse in which false information is presented with the intent of making a victim doubt his or her own memory, perception and sanity.

So one would wonder why you would want to deny gaslighting is a form of mental abuse?
    People will disagree about what constitutes gaslighting, because it will not always be clear whether (1) the information presented is false; or (2) the intent is to make the person addressed doubt his/her sanity.

It is easy to dismiss any unwelcome criticism as gaslighting, since that impugns both the content of the criticism, and the intentions of the critic.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    People will disagree about what constitutes gaslighting, because it will not always be clear whether (1) the information presented is false; or (2) the intent is to make the person addressed doubt his/her sanity.

It is easy to dismiss any unwelcome criticism as gaslighting, since that impugns both the content of the criticism, and the intentions of the critic.
    Yes, unwelcome criticism and gaslighting are two separate activities.

And the respective meaning are well known and can be found in the dictionary.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yes, unwelcome criticism and gaslighting are two separate activities.

And the respective meaning are well known and can be found in the dictionary.
    The problem isn't understanding dictionary definitions. It is recognizing in real life which situation fits which definition. If you have the crystal ball that shows the truth of every matter and the intentions of every person, you have quite a career ahead of you.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

The problem isn't understanding dictionary definitions. It is recognizing in real life which situation fits which definition. If you have the crystal ball that shows the truth of every matter and the intentions of every person, you have quite a career ahead of you.
    There is no need to be sarcastic, me ol' Coriolis with the Earth spinning under her.

I remain opposed to the emotional abuse of gaslighting. I don't think it is funny.

And I expect you as moderator to be opposed to emotional abuse too.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

There is no need to be sarcastic, me ol' Coriolis with the Earth spinning under her.

I remain opposed to the emotional abuse of gaslighting. I don't think it is funny.

And I expect you as moderator to be opposed to emotional abuse too.
    I expect every human to be opposed to emotional abuse. That doesn't automatically endow every human with the ability to recognize it.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I expect every human to be opposed to emotional abuse. That doesn't automatically endow every human with the ability to recognize it.
    There can be an advantage to not recognizing it, but only if you aren't beholden to the source of it in some way. I've noticed an aspect to things like passive-aggression that is similar to a tree falling in the forest and no one heard it, so did it make a sound? When some of these tactics are not acknowledged, it can immediately deflate the process into nothingness.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    There can be an advantage to not recognizing it, but only if you aren't beholden to the source of it in some way. I've noticed an aspect to things like passive-aggression that is similar to a tree falling in the forest and no one heard it, so did it make a sound? When some of these tactics are not acknowledged, it can immediately deflate the process into nothingness.
    You lost me at "beholden."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Boring.

I was hoping to read about a previously unknown MMA-like match between Freud and Jung or something.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Boring.

I was hoping to read about a previously unknown MMA-like match between Freud and Jung or something.
    Seriously, I was hoping of some mention of Edward Bernays, founder of so many of the western propaganda techniques. I mean, some of that stuff is pretty awesome (United Fruit Company, etc.) and so few know about it.