User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 45

  1. #21
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It's interesting that two of you think it is funny to accuse me of gaslighting and psychlogical warfare when I have just elucidated these concepts.
    It is kind of amusing, I'm not going to lie. I'm not so much accusing you of anything really, I'm just trying to see how strong your argument really is when attacked at a weak point. It's tactical warfare, and your line seemed weakened at a certain point.

    It seems you think it is smart and clever and funny to accuse me of the very things I am critiquing.
    Yep, not going to lie. Though these were afterthoughts to figuring out how well your argument functions.

    You have found another way of insulting me in company.
    That's a bit extreme, no one is insulting you, for if this were the case, then civilized debates would be hostile attacks on each party's character.

    Imagine if you made a contribution of your own - you would have no need to boost your ego by insulting anyone.
    Like what? You've clearly outlined the details for psychological warfare elegantly already.

    I don't really get an ego boost out of insulting anyone, it's a bit of fun though I will admit, but keep in mind that no one here is truly insulting you.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Also, FTR, I don't see how being ironic/pointing out hypocrisy isn't a valid contribution. That's the essence of satire.

    It's not an insult, it's not an accusation, it's merely a very sharp question.

  3. #23
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Gaslighting is emotional abuse.

    And the sad fact is that we have on Typology Central a culture of insult.

    And the culture of insult is emotional abuse.

    Insults are against the rules and it is the duty of the moderators to break this culture of insult.

    This may take some time as many here think insulting others is fun.

    Many think insulting others is a form of sport when it is emotional abuse.

  4. #24
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,778

    Default

    I have not seen much gas lighting on the forum.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #25
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I don't really get an ego boost out of insulting anyone, it's a bit of fun though I will admit
    And so we are openly told it is fun to insult a member of Typology Central.

  6. #26
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    \

    I don't really get an ego boost out of insulting anyone, it's a bit of fun though I will admit, but keep in mind that no one here is truly insulting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And so we are openly told it is fun to insult a member of Typology Central.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #27
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Insults are against the rules and it is the duty of the moderators to break this culture of insult.

    This may take some time as many here think insulting others is fun.

    Many think insulting others is a form of sport when it is emotional abuse.
    This kind of seems like an indirect attack on my unconscious personality. I don't consciously get pleasure from insulting people, it is arisen out of the id, I have no complete control over it. I do try to moderate it in places such as this so that I can function as a reputable member of this internet society, and the only time I truly insult people is when they have personally attacked me in any way shape or form, and as of yet none of you have truly.

    It is fun up to a point, over-indulging in a food makes it less pleasurable doth it not, plus I prefer it with vengeance, which adds a sweet taste to it. I don't get any joy out of insulting people on the internet really because it doesn't have the personal quality.

    Luckily, I'm a bit of an emotional masochist so please do keep calling me the bad guy, I relish it.

  8. #28
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    This kind of seems like an indirect attack on my unconscious personality. I don't consciously get pleasure from insulting people, it is arisen out of the id, I have no complete control over it. I do try to moderate it in places such as this so that I can function as a reputable member of this internet society, and the only time I truly insult people is when they have personally attacked me in any way shape or form, and as of yet none of you have truly.

    It is fun up to a point, over-indulging in a food makes it less pleasurable doth it not, plus I prefer it with vengeance, which adds a sweet taste to it. I don't get any joy out of insulting people on the internet really because it doesn't have the personal quality.

    Luckily, I'm a bit of an emotional masochist so please do keep calling me the bad guy, I relish it.
    It doesn't matter how you feel about insulting members of Typology Central, it is simply against the rules.

  9. #29
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    This is all getting too silly.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It doesn't matter how you feel about insulting members of Typology Central, it is simply against the rules.
    It would seem you may have taken my words out of context, if you read my full argument, I said that no one was insulting you in any way. I do not believe I have actually attacked anyone's character on this forum, and if I have actually made anyone here feel victimized, then I apologize, for it was not intentional.

    In fact, I specifically stated that I did not truly enjoy insulting people on the internet, which faced with logic and inference would entail that I don't really do it on the internet. It's a waste of time on the internet.

Similar Threads

  1. The psychology of forum and online dynamics
    By Geoff in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 05:45 PM
  2. How much of you is your psychology?
    By Xander in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 06:11 PM
  3. Dream Psychology
    By GZA in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 01:04 PM
  4. Heuristics and Biases:The Psychology of Intuitive Judgment
    By ygolo in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 02:55 AM
  5. Psychology and Religion
    By Kiddo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 02:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO