User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    If they tried that on me it would break the machine. I could argue that I have at least 10 mental illnesses from Narcissistic Personality Disorder to Morgellons Disease. Hypercondriac could probably fit nice and snugly on the list too.
    I could argue that I was a gopher in my past life, doesn't make it true though.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I could argue that I was a gopher in my past life, doesn't make it true though.
    In my arguments I could provide supporting evidence; it could be patting on myself as evidence for the former or constantly scratching myself under the armpits for the latter. They ask me if the symptoms match and then I put remembered incidents through a broth of confirmation bias and forer effect and exclaim that it is me.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    In my arguments I could provide supporting evidence; it could be patting on myself as evidence for the former or constantly scratching myself under the armpits for the latter. They ask me if the symptoms match and then I put remembered incidents through a broth of confirmation bias and forer effect and exclaim that it is me.
    good point. but why would you want to convince someone you have 10 disorders?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think these could easily be used unethically or to otherwise either support existing oppresive systems or create new ones, whether intentional or not.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

No. I can see no benefit and a lot of possible negatives.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

what be the scale of who gets what restictions?

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    Psychiatry has a lot of value, so should there be compulsory mental health screenings for every person?
    No.

I think it encouraging it isn't a bad starting point.

Question: Say these "mandatory" tests reveal that X person, who happens to be functional, has Y problem, how are you going to resolve that? Will the state determine his fate? What if Y problem is only mild or a propensity for?

NO. Talk about a slippery slope...
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    Psychiatry has a lot of value, so should there be compulsory mental health screenings for every person?
    No.
    Here's why:

(1) What is the purpose of the screenings?
    (2) Who will write the assessments?
    (3) Who will evaluate them?
    (4) What will the compulsory treatment options be for people with: (a) issue "A", (b) issue "B", (c) both issues "A" and "B"?
    (5) What is the desired outcome for anyone with a confirmed issue(s) after receiving a compulsory treatment option(s)?
    (6) What are the criteria for defining recovery in (5) above?
    (7) Is recovery partial or total in remediation? If partial, who decides what level of remission has been achieved?
    (8) What are the opportunities for those with partial remission achievements of varying percentages of recovery?
    (9) How often must recovery be re-evaluated?
    (10) What if there is a relapse or new ailment of any kind for those who have been diagnosed with something, and/or undergone an approved treatment?
    (11) WHO WILL PAY?
    (12) How will the criteria for all aspects of this program be re-calibrated over time as political ideologies sway the masses?

This conceptual program is a FAIL of the highest order, IMHO.

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you know if you been in a psych ward at least in IL and CA (don't know about other states) you can't legally own a fire arm for at least 5 years?
    In Florida, they destroy your records after five years. I think it's funny though because even if you can't buy a firearm in California for five years, I'm pretty sure you could go to another state and buy them anyway because the records aren't in a federal database. So I'm not really sure what someone would need to do to get on a federal background check as "mentally incompetent".

No, especially because:

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I think these could easily be used unethically or to otherwise either support existing oppresive systems or create new ones, whether intentional or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    (4) What will the compulsory treatment options be for people with: (a) issue "A", (b) issue "B", (c) both issues "A" and "B"?
    (5) What is the desired outcome for anyone with a confirmed issue(s) after receiving a compulsory treatment option(s)?
    (6) What are the criteria for defining recovery in (5) above?
    (7) Is recovery partial or total in remediation? If partial, who decides what level of remission has been achieved?
    (8) What are the opportunities for those with partial remission achievements of varying percentages of recovery?
    (9) How often must recovery be re-evaluated?
    (10) What if there is a relapse or new ailment of any kind for those who have been diagnosed with something, and/or undergone an approved treatment?
    (12) How will the criteria for all aspects of this program be re-calibrated over time as political ideologies sway the masses?