User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I was 5. Not very long after I learned to speak actually. I was a very late speaker because I was basically deaf for a long time due to a heavy middle ear infection. I think me learning to talk so late is one of the possible reasons for me having a stutter, if not only recessive genes. I remember having a huge ego because I was the best in class at reading, I used to boast about it to everyone!
    4w5-9w1-5w4

3 months old

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I was 5. Reading was always extremely easy for me, despite having ADHD. I always remember liking it, and finding it to be very easy. Math on the other hand was a completely different story. My mother had to endure a lot crying and fighting to get me to do my math homework.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

I remember learning how to write more than I remember learning how to read. I knew how to spell but I couldn't write very legibly until I was well into elementary school. (Some people would argue I still don't write legibly...)
    In 5th grade my teacher actually started having me do my assignments on a computer because my handwriting was so bad

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My parents didn't know I knew how to read when I went to Kindergarten. I taught myself by using record-player books and my little record player. The teacher started teaching the rest of the class how to read and apparently I had already figured that bit out, so she finked on me to my parents.

... so... age 4 for me?

My parents also read to me all the time when I was little.

I usually was advanced a few grades higher for reading, all the time, doing the higher-level course work.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

ndovjtjcaqidthi

3 - 4.

WALMART

three

days

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Confession: Still can't read. I'm here for the pictures.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't know. I have been able to read as long as I can remember, which goes back to age 3-4. I know my parents used to read to me quite a bit, so I probably picked it up that way. I don't remember any deliberate advice, like sounding out words. Of course, I could read only very simple things back then, but was always an advanced reader for my age. I despised first grade since most of it was spent teaching us to read, and I was made to go through all the stupid exercises like tracing words on pages, etc. I wanted them just to give me a book and let me read.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

4-5
    I really like cats and food.