User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default How do I develop Fe?

    if my main issue that I can't seem to relate to other people's emotions? Like i know what to say to people, but their's no emotion behind it. Like I know I'm suppose to feel bad for x situation, but for some reason I just can't. I don't seem to be able to relate to most situations people are in/been in. So I feel like a selfish prick as a result. and I'm thinking if I develop Fe I'll be able to do something. It's weird because my friends have told me something and no emotion and they're my friends. And I tend to dodge out of the way for hugs or hope the person doesn't ask me for a hug. I like hugs I just don't always want them.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Watch how other people react to situations, store it in your memory, practice it a few times when people call upon it, adopt it into your style as a mimicry.

    I'm the same way. If you actually want to develop the feeling side as in beginning to experience emotions from external sources of input, you will have to develop your shadow functions, which would suck shit. (Assuming INFP)

  3. #3
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Watch how other people react to situations, store it in your memory, practice it a few times when people call upon it, adopt it into your style as a mimicry.

    I'm the same way. If you actually want to develop the feeling side as in beginning to experience emotions from external sources of input, you will have to develop your shadow functions, which would suck shit. (Assuming INFP)
    I've done the mimicry thing for awhile, but for some reason it doesn't click. perhaps I'm doing it wrong

  4. #4
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I've done the mimicry thing for awhile, but for some reason it doesn't click. perhaps I'm doing it wrong
    Well that leaves three possibilities. 1. That you have been mimicking the wrong people. 2. That you aren't letting intuition take the lead to learn the patterns of social interaction. 3. That you think it isn't working, but it is.

  5. #5
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Well that leaves three possibilities. 1. That you have been mimicking the wrong people. 2. That you aren't letting intuition take the lead to learn the patterns of social interaction. 3. That you think it isn't working, but it is.
    I'll take 2 for 500, alex

    that's my guess at least

  6. #6
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if my main issue that I can't seem to relate to other people's emotions? Like i know what to say to people, but their's no emotion behind it. Like I know I'm suppose to feel bad for x situation, but for some reason I just can't. I don't seem to be able to relate to most situations people are in/been in. So I feel like a selfish prick as a result. and I'm thinking if I develop Fe I'll be able to do something. It's weird because my friends have told me something and no emotion and they're my friends. And I tend to dodge out of the way for hugs or hope the person doesn't ask me for a hug. I like hugs I just don't always want them.
    That's been my problem too. Its easier for me to relate if its a situation I've also experienced myself but oftentimes it isn't.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  7. #7
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    My Si-Fe checklist.

    It worked great for me for like several months. I learned things, and I can pick it back up any time I want. Right now I'm not so into it, but I don't need to be. In those months I proved to myself that I can do it, but I actually value Ti and Ne a lot more and want to focus my energy on them. My house is a mess and I don't have many social ties, but I'm doing fine emotionally. That hadn't been the case in summer '13.

    Following those rules I made a ton of social connections very quickly. In the end I just chose my favorite, said fuck everyone else, and here I am, still great friends with that person.

  8. #8
    WhoCares
    Guest

    Default

    According to your checklist Zago, my Fe sucks. Big surprise there.....

  9. #9
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    You don't seem to lack it to me, prps, but I only know you from here. I've read that reading literary fiction increases empathy. So that might work. IIRC, reading is a pain for you, but a lot of the fancy pants books can be found in audio form on LibriVox for free. The narrators are hit and miss, but I've enjoyed listening to some of them. It might be worth a try.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] How do you Develop Extroverted Intuition
    By Tanvir in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 03:50 PM
  2. [INFJ] So I'm an INFJ. How do I develop myself now?
    By Tikka in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 05:11 PM
  3. How do you develop Ni?
    By Sniffles in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 01:32 PM
  4. How do you develop Ni?
    By CzeCze in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 04:06 PM
  5. How do I develop a sense of humor?
    By dnivera in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 10:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO