failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Default What hurt you the most?

As the title states. What do you carry with you that hurts inside and what do you think was the cause of it. Could you have handled it better or any alternative solutions?

WhoCares

Whats this about chubber, is your wing hurting again?

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI-

I hate my human condition, being limited by the 5 senses...
    "sidere mens eadem mutato"

MBTI
    INTP

People's priorities hurt me the most, because they alienate me. The popularity of things like religion and sports has left me cynical and lonely. Meanwhile what I am interested in, things like science and philosophy, is generally abhorred by most. People who like what I like are generally poked fun at, called names, and considered weird. 40,000,000 people watch the Superbowl. What event that I care about could possibly compare? Worst of all, what I care about actually matters and has historical importance and helps people and humanity, which makes people's rejection of it that much more unfair and maddening. I'm like Bernard in Brave New World, watching as people play orgasm-golf (or whatever it was), crying inside. I'm a fucking outcast. That hurts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    ILI-

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    People's priorities hurt me the most, because they alienate me. The popularity of things like religion and sports has left me cynical and lonely. Meanwhile what I am interested in, things like science and philosophy, is generally abhorred by most. People who like what I like are generally poked fun at, called names, and considered weird. 40,000,000 people watch the Superbowl. What event that I care about could possibly compare? Worst of all, what I care about actually matters and has historical importance and helps people and humanity, which makes people's rejection of it that much more unfair and maddening. I'm like Bernard in Brave New World, watching as people play orgasm-golf (or whatever it was), crying inside. I'm a fucking outcast. That hurts.
    I feel your pain my friend people like you and I are treated like abominations, we are psychological misfits, in a world where lesser IQ is the norm and widely preferred, its quite depressing....
    "sidere mens eadem mutato"

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I don't like the fact that talking about things I'm passionate about alienates others (even "compassionate caring" people) and that the only way I seem to be able to get people to tolerate me is by making them laugh or by being a Pygmallion project for them to "fix".

Makes me seriously consider a vow of celibacy so I can focus on more fruitful pursuits.

It's kind of annoying that I have to listen to someone else go on about starving children in Africa that they can't do anything about anyway, but heaven forbid I talk about something I am interested in. I can't help those damn kids in Africa so what the hell is the point of me thinking about them all the time anyway.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I don't like the fact that talking about things I'm passionate about alienates others (even "compassionate caring" people) and that the only way I seem to be able to get people to tolerate me is by making them laugh or by being a Pygmallion project for them to "fix".
    5w6 for the win. Yes comedy is my fallback position too. I discovered that who I am is somewhat disturbing to others as they cant relate. So I just play the funny card and at the very least people can relate to that. But it isn't who I am and its exhausting playing a role just so other people feel at ease. No-one gives a fuck how I feel. The hyprocrisy makes me want to gouge my own eyes out. Its very unpleasant to walk the planet as some kind of shadow being who has what I consider very reasonable interests that are treated like some kind of sexual disease. Come on....gardening is not the equivalent of genital herpes!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

(2w1) It pains me I can't approach men. Because I have a bad trend of people falling in love, but it's never real. Because I wasn't totally open myself. And now I'm nervous every time I want to flirt or banter for fun because it makes people like me and it's then confusing. When is it giving to get? I feel like I can't offer anything unless I'm asked. I can't approach people I want to know. I can't call people I miss. I can never give stupid quirky gifts. Which is fine. People hate them anyways. I'm like this stupid kid who grew up and it's fucking depressing. I don't want to move. So then anything I get, I didn't influence. That the person wanted to. This is probably making no sense but, it doesn't matter. If you were privy to everything, it would just be a buzz kill anyways. :p
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post

Makes me seriously consider a vow of celibacy so I can focus on more fruitful pursuits.

It's kind of annoying that I have to listen to someone else go on about starving children in Africa that they can't do anything about anyway, but heaven forbid I talk about something I am interested in. I can't help those damn kids in Africa so what the hell is the point of me thinking about them all the time anyway.
    Find some people who share your interests.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Being chastised by others for trying to be myself and abandoning facades.