• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What hurt you the most?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(...)
And I still say my peers shaped my self-esteem and social self-confidence far more than anything that happened at home.

OH wow, crazy. Though I would say self-esteem and social confidence can be recovered but maybe you already know this from your own experience? :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Feelings of life passing me by. I don't think any particular event has ever happened where I can say it hurt me the most. :thinking: Or maybe there was and I've just repressed it. Who knows?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OH wow, crazy. Though I would say self-esteem and social confidence can be recovered but maybe you already know this from your own experience? :)
I'm at a point in my life where it doesn't matter anymore, actually.

I did once make an effort to re-acquire social skills, however, with some success.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm at a point in my life where it doesn't matter anymore, actually.

I did once make an effort to re-acquire social skills, however, with some success.

Good, then :)

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
***double for no reason***

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5w6 for the win. Yes comedy is my fallback position too. I discovered that who I am is somewhat disturbing to others as they cant relate. So I just play the funny card and at the very least people can relate to that. But it isn't who I am and its exhausting playing a role just so other people feel at ease. No-one gives a fuck how I feel. The hyprocrisy makes me want to gouge my own eyes out. Its very unpleasant to walk the planet as some kind of shadow being who has what I consider very reasonable interests that are treated like some kind of sexual disease. Come on....gardening is not the equivalent of genital herpes!

I know what you mean. At least I have friends for whom I can share some of my weirder interests with. That counts for something. But it is odd how some people get if you know too much about something other than idle gossip.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
pressure to be something i'm not

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My flaws; or rather the ones I chose to ignore, until they brought me low.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have a hunch that being ejected from the womb was the most painful thing that I've ever experienced and everything ever since has only been an echo of it. The only way I know how I could verify that is through hypnotic regression, and I couldn't trust the process. My subconscious is a charlatan.

I think losing my dreams are the the most hurtful things, especially when those dreams are attached to people that I love. And when I have to leave those people by my own choice, with nobody else to blame. And when I realize that I live in a world where that choice needs to be made. It's nearly unrecoverable.

Ow.

Probably being held to an impossible standard at a young age with some neglect by loved ones sprinkled in.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My fears - which subsequently leads to internalising the pain and attacking myself.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But it is odd how some people get if you know too much about something other than idle gossip.

Any idea why? ...... some people can get upset if I use words that are too "complex". They think it's me showing off while it isn't.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1w2: Several instances of abrupt rejection. I make a point of not thinking about what I could have done differently, because that would catch the attention of my irrationally harsh internal critic -- and I want to be around that asshole as little as possible.

W

WALMART

Oops. Sick and delirious. Didn't mean to post.

Being sick hurts, though.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Intentional ignorance, hypocrisy.

L

LadyLazarus

Rejection from someone I thought was my best friend,at a very young age.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any idea why? ...... some people can get upset if I use words that are too "complex". They think it's me showing off while it isn't.

Jealousy/low self-esteem/insecurity. I'm sure folks will disagree, but what is the alternative explanation?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I heard taking an overdose of pain killers really hurts on your insides. That's why I'd never consider doing in, not even if I were suicidal.