User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

The insecurity and low self-esteem issues that I carry with me are what hurt me the most, because of the effects they have on the people who I care about most (and who care about me in turn). If I really stop to think about it, those are the only problems barring me from being close to my own.

It's interesting for me to see this thread today, since I have just vowed to eliminate my low self-esteem issues. Let's just hope I do have the strength that I think I have to overcome them.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    INTP

Maybe I have something that hurt me more than what I already posted.

What hurt me most was being abandoned by someone. After years of happy, mutual friendship, suddenly I was treated as dirt. Sometimes I go back and try to figure out how I caused myself to be treated like this, how I wronged that friend. I didn't. I acted within reason and I made clear efforts to make this friend happy and respect them. I wasn't perfect but I deserved to be treated like a person who exists, or all that time of friendship meant nothing.

And apparently it did mean nothing. I didn't deserve the abuse that I got. I can never trust again. It's all illusory now. I'm truly alone and I'll never delude myself again.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Being chastised by others for trying to be myself and abandoning facades.
    How do you react to that?

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Maybe I have something that hurt me more than what I already posted.

What hurt me most was being abandoned by someone. After years of happy, mutual friendship, suddenly I was treated as dirt. Sometimes I go back and try to figure out how I caused myself to be treated like this, how I wronged that friend. I didn't. I acted within reason and I made clear efforts to make this friend happy and respect them. I wasn't perfect but I deserved to be treated like a person who exists, or all that time of friendship meant nothing.

And apparently it did mean nothing. I didn't deserve the abuse that I got. I can never trust again. It's all illusory now. I'm truly alone and I'll never delude myself again.
    Yeah that's just great. Did he/she attempt to blame you for this in any way?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Yeah that's just great. Did he/she attempt to blame you for this in any way?
    Yes, it was insane. It was stuff that wasn't even true, it totally went against the facts and there was nothing I could even say to convince them otherwise, not even the obvious truth. It's like they just got this image of me, turned me into a villain in their mind, and wouldn't let it go no matter what, nothing I could do about it.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Failure. Effort that ends up being for naught. It's the biggest for me anyway. If I try and try at something and I want to succeed at it, I am really crushed when it doesn't go through. I want to do well at pretty much anything I do. It's been bad enough in the past that I have flat out avoided situations because the pain of possibly failing outweighted the benefit, and sometimes I had to do it in order to progress forward.

If I fail at something. Whether it is work, a relationship, friendship, project, anything, the pain of that will last for a lot longer than anything else. It can mess me up for months at a time. Repeated failures can drive me into deep depression which can lead to more frequent failure. It's a vicious cycle I have to constantly stay on top of. The biggest issue is I am often the one that defines what a failure is. Even if there is something that explcitly says "this is a fail", I will often feel that is inadequet and hold myself to a different (often higher) standard. It's a lot of "I should" statements, which are pretty much universally bad. I am learning (and have made progress, yay!) to make less frequent, and should statement.

I'm 1w2. Cantcha tell? haha.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Yes, it was insane. It was stuff that wasn't even true, it totally went against the facts and there was nothing I could even say to convince them otherwise, not even the obvious truth. It's like they just got this image of me, turned me into a villain in their mind, and wouldn't let it go no matter what, nothing I could do about it.
    Did they claim they lost trust in you?

MBTI
    INTP

Did they claim they lost trust in you?
    No, I never lied to them, nor did they make that claim.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

How do you react to that?
    When reasoning with them fails, I shut them out, go be alone and listen to headphones to drown out the world while I read a book or surf through wikipedia.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

What hurt me most?

Actually the things my fellow peer students did to me were far worse--and shaped my future interactions and self-image--far more than anything that happened between me and my parents.

What hurt me most from my family was the simple fact that a) my mother didn't care about it, b) my step-father was a repressed fucktard who couldn't handle an angry child and treated me abusively so my real father wouldn't hound his ass if I developed an attachment to him, and c) that my mother didn't care about it.

She let these things happen to me without lifting a finger to stop it--a 6-year-old child pitted against life and she was too selfish to come out of her bubble and stop it. She laughed it off when I came home from school in tears, pretended my stepfather wasn't being a total douche, neglected my sister all her life, and ultimately left me to die in a 3rd world country because my stepfather was so bent on hurting me (as an adult) for having been a bratty child that he coerced her into ignoring me, and all she'd do was roll over and pee on herself. Useless dregs of humanity.

Um, OK...lol wow. Sorry. But I am struggling not to go outright batshit because of that woman's inactions alone. Sometimes not acting is a greater moral failure than the abuse itself.

And I still say my peers shaped my self-esteem and social self-confidence far more than anything that happened at home.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have a hunch that being ejected from the womb was the most painful thing that I've ever experienced and everything ever since has only been an echo of it. The only way I know how I could verify that is through hypnotic regression, and I couldn't trust the process. My subconscious is a charlatan.

I think losing my dreams are the the most hurtful things, especially when those dreams are attached to people that I love. And when I have to leave those people by my own choice, with nobody else to blame. And when I realize that I live in a world where that choice needs to be made. It's nearly unrecoverable.