User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 23

  1. #11
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Mood maybe, not personality.
    Yeah, this.

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Seasonal affective disorder is a thing. A lot of people get a little bit bummed and depressed when the weather's all cold and stupid, but the weather affects some much more than others.
    Sounds sort of like it I relate to the, "feel drowsy during the daytime". I don't really feel depressed though but then again I always find it hard to tell what I'm feeling. The treatment says light therapy but I think it has more to do with air temperature than light. I might try it out.

  3. #13
    A Gentle Whisper ~MS*ANGEL~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    During the winter... it's not so much that my personality "changes", but long after the first snowfall I start to feel more somber. The only way I can prevent myself from falling into mild depression (which does happen at times, I'm sorry to say) is by listening to positive music and keeping my mind occupied with activities that I enjoy.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

    MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/


  4. #14
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Default

    They say Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is caused by a lack of vitamin D.

    We get our vitamin D from sunshine on our bare skin, and in winter there is less sunshine and less bare skin.

    So in winter it might be a good idea to take capsules of vitamin D.

  5. #15
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Mood maybe, not personality.
    this. ceecee is a pretty solid oracle for impartial reasoning and insight.
    I N V I C T U S

  6. #16
    A Gentle Whisper ~MS*ANGEL~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    They say Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is caused by a lack of vitamin D.

    We get our vitamin D from sunshine on our bare skin, and in winter there is less sunshine and less bare skin.

    So in winter it might be a good idea to take capsules of vitamin D.
    Really? Because just 3-4 months ago, my family doctor warned me that my body lacks a sufficient amount of Vitamin D now.

    But he didn't want to put me on any supplements yet, since I'm apparently still young enough to make better health choices.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

    MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/


  7. #17
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelLight2012 View Post
    Really? Because just 3-4 months ago, my family doctor warned me that my body lacks a sufficient amount of Vitamin D now.

    But he didn't want to put me on any supplements yet, since I'm apparently still young enough to make better health choices.
    If you are vitamin D deficient, you can buy vitamin D capsules quite cheaply. And there is no danger of overdosing.

    However we do get most of our vitamin D from sunshine on our bare skin, so take your bare skin out into the sunshine for a short time everyday. If this is not possible, vitamin D capsules are a good alternative.

  8. #18
    A Gentle Whisper ~MS*ANGEL~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    If you are vitamin D deficient, you can buy vitamin D capsules quite cheaply. And there is no danger of overdosing.

    However we do get most of our vitamin D from sunshine on our bare skin, so take your bare skin out into the sunshine for a short time everyday. If this is not possible, vitamin D capsules are a good alternative.
    Okay, I'll be sure to keep this in mind then. Thanks!
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

    MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/


  9. #19
    Senior Member danseen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    784

    Default

    no, not really.

    i find this "summer, yaaaaaay!" thing a bit infantile. and to be fair, the seasons aren't anything i can control, so meh..

    i guess i'm not a weather person, and in honesty i think it's because in Western culture school is of in the summer, so this is where the attitude stems from.

  10. #20
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    i find this "summer, yaaaaaay!" thing a bit infantile. and to be fair, the seasons aren't anything i can control, so meh..

    i guess i'm not a weather person, and in honesty i think it's because in Western culture school is of in the summer, so this is where the attitude stems from.
    The problem can also be very physiological, which culture (e.g. school being off) barely affects.

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone else reject the cognitive functions?
    By Studmuffin23 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-06-2015, 10:17 AM
  2. does anyone else play guild wars?
    By Zergling in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
  3. does anyone else make up a lot of ideas for computer games?
    By Zergling in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
  4. Does anyone else visit this site?
    By The Ü™ in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO