User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default I don't believe in unconditional love

There's always condtions.even if they're unknow something can happen that will.change. I can't explain what I mean and a bunch of people are.going to disagree but I believe that there's no such thing, except maybe mother to child, but I don't know never had kids

beyondaurora

There does always seem to be a condition, if even the condition is that the person giving "unconditional" love is to feel good about themselves for doing so.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

see, it doesn't worry me that there isn't "unconditional love" so much as that i just don't see much genuine concern between people. i can understand why it's not unconditional. i just don't understand how twisted many people are with the "love" they give out.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I tend to be more on the believing side.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

^ me too, it's just hard to come by.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    ^ me too, it's just hard to come by.
    i wanna be a believer too, but i think young people (and maybe older people too) often confuse codependency with love. this is just the observation i've had so far, though.

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    i wanna be a believer too, but i think young people (and maybe older people too) often confuse codependency with love. this is just the observation i've had so far, though.
    Well, let's say you truly unconditionally loved someone. If that person's existence was erased from the world, you'd be devastated. In that sense isn't your emotional well-being dependent on that person's existence then?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Well, let's say you truly unconditionally loved someone. If that person's existence was erased from the world, you'd be devastated. In that sense isn't your emotional well-being dependent on that person's existence then?
    not what i'm talking about, chandler, dear. of course you'd be devastated. of course love involves dependence. i'm talking about couples i've observed who stick together for a long time even when the quality of the relationship is really poor because they're too codependent to leave. which is a great recipe for emotional abuse imo.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    not what i'm talking about, chandler, dear. of course you'd be devastated. of course love involves dependence. i'm talking about couples i've observed who stick together for a long time even when the quality of the relationship is really poor because they're too codependent to leave. which is a great recipe for emotional abuse imo.
    Ahh I see, you mean people being idiots. Yeah I know a few people that's happened to.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't think I believe in unconditional love as a rule, except maybe that of parents for small children. I don't really think that's a bad thing because love or not, most relationships are rightfully conditional and should generally be as reciprocal and balanced as possible. To me, unconditional love is more akin to pity and there is a place for pity, but it's not what I want in my significant relationships.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers