• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

explain insomnia

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I mean how hard is it to lie down forget everything you did or didn't do til the morning? I don't get it, you people are weird.of course I'm one of those people who can fall asleep with the lights on and the tv blaring

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Explanation: when you chronically can't fall asleep to the detriment of your waking life.

Literalism aside, people with anxiety I've known have all fought against sleep deprivation. I'm one, too.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Explanation: when you chronically can't fall asleep to the detriment of your waking life.

Literalism aside, people with anxiety I've known have all fought against sleep deprivation. I'm one, too.

Frying pan works, side effect memory loss and slight head ache.

Actually I still don't get why people still have that trait. Evolution is sooo slow, I think it has down syndrome

Senkrad

MBTI Type
FiTe
Enneagram
YwX
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
of course I'm one of those people who can fall asleep with the lights on and the tv blaring
I think you are the weird one. Always need two hours to fall asleep since I was a child, not too much sound. Lights don't really matter.

G

garbage

My brain just churns, constantly. Kinda like how the heart just beats. Imagine if your own heartbeat were loud or jolting enough to keep you awake.
Frying pan works, side effect memory loss and slight head ache.
This is pretty close to my solution, but less "frying pan" and more "pills."

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My brain just churns, constantly. Kinda like how the heart just beats. Imagine if your own heartbeat were loud or jolting enough to keep you awake.

Sometimes I wish my brain would start, it's like I won't be thinking my mind is totally blank and it's not from anxiety Ijust have no conscconscious thought at the moment. Not now I mean other times that is not the present.

Alea_iacta_est

Never a truer statement. It took me about 4 hours to fall asleep last night because my brain was in complete overdrive, and I couldn't even control it. When I close my eyes some nights, I have seen images racing through my head, and some of them were rather frightening (had one fly by really quick of a very old woman with no eyes in her eye sockets staring at me with her mouth 3x more open than the regular jaw allows). I've seen images of people standing over me and shit, but it hasn't really bothered me (except for case above) or provoked any emotions, but it makes it horribly hard to sleep.