• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do we project an image of our anima?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
In recent days I discovered that I am often times running away from what I actually am. I am constantly trying to convince people that I am a gentle compassionate person. In a way, I am, at heart, but physically, I am not... at all. To many people I speak with, they seem to believe I am a kind gentle compassionate person, until I lock eyes with them and they react as if they have gazed upon THE ICON OF SIN. lol. So as a result, I intiutively avoid eye contact with people I know will react negatively... specifically (for some odd reason) ESTJs and ENFPs.

I was also thinking about ENFPs and how they are similar but in reverse. Visually speaking, it seems to me that some ENFPs will come off as a hardy, hardworking, well put together person, when a lot of them seem to complain about how their lives are complete chaos.

sometimes:
ENFJs project an image of being "badass" when inside they feel easily wounded or lack willpower

ESFJs project an image of "intellectualism"

some ENTJs seem to project a much more "emotional" appearance, many of my ENTJ clients seem to think they are INFJ, when in fact this typing completely contradicts the reactions people have of them, and the complete lack of political awareness they imbue, lol.

etc.

I'm tossing around a theory in my head, that insecurity or lack of love for the self actually drives this anima image to be more apparent.

Thoughts?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It checks out for me.

HELLOabcdefgHI

I know what you are talking about. I feel like I need to show people that I can be loud, obnoctios, outgoing and aggressive or whatever. When people deny that, it makes me sort of angry and I feel like I need to prove them wrong. I once went through a phase when I wanted everyone to be afraid of me. I do sort of think I am trying to show people what I wish I was even though I know I am not that.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I know I come across as bubbly, goofy and extroverted and ...very much crazy, especially around people who I am not close to and acquaintances. Really, I am very self-focused and sensitive. I am friendly, but I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable around others. As soon as I am away from college I do not wish to be my extroverted self.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I project various personas, depending on the situation.

If I'm out drinking at a bar with friends, I almost come off as an ESTP or an ENTP, much less reserved than myself in my most natural state. I become more confrontational (not starting bar fights, but poking at people a little more, not giving as many fucks if I hurt feelings or seem slightly obnoxious). I can see myself doing this and I hate it, but at the same time it excites me to know I have this hidden extravert within, acting like a suave prick who is suddenly the center of attention, the envy of my male friends and suddenly quite appealing to the women. I think this secretly turns my wife on more, seeing other women notice me and knowing she gets to take me home and shag.

In high school, most of the people I hung around were extraverted types (some were themselves introverts merely projecting their own outgoing personae) so I would also act more bubbly and cheerful. On the flipside, if I were hanging out with quiet, artsy types, I tended to become more reserved; my intellectual side would also come out more.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ummm... I come across as me. I am a multifaceted person, after all :)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I project an image of being warm and kind when I'm a robot. Or maybe there's gooey stuff underneath. I'm not sure. There's a test on Okcupid that I think is a variation on MBTI, and I get described as a Robot. Anyway, I relate to the distinction of being like an actual robot... not out to destroy humanity, but just kind of overly helpful and eager to please. There is a part of me, for certain, that is obsessed with trying to please other people and win their approval (like an ESFJ, I guess), and then a part of me that likes to pretend that it "doesn't care what other people think."

It's interesting, because this is kind of like what you describe, and I can see commonality between ESTPs and INTPs about this, which I would not assume to exist on the surface.

I think you are on to something.

In my opinion, though, I do not think it needs to be an either-or-thing. I don't think you necessarily need to make a choice between the dominant and the inferior. My understanding of "integrating the inferior" is when this happens.

Mole

Permabanned
Some of us use mbti to manipulate others, while maintaining a mask of impartiality.

But it is hard to hide the predatory intent.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As a predator, I especially enjoy eating moles. Not as bony as you'd think... there's lots of fat. They are also easy to catch because they can't see very well.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

As a predator, I especially enjoy eating moles. Not as bony as you'd think... there's lots of fat. They are also easy to catch because they can't see very well.

They're easy to catch, too. Just lay perfectly still, and smell like roots. :)

Mole

Permabanned

There is many a weasel and many a stoat who have thought the same thought, but have quailed when faced with Mole rampant uttering his warcry: 'A mole! A mole!'

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Probably. I have no idea what my anima is outside of the fact that I have a preference for bubbly, optimistic, brave women who seem to be everywhere at all times. I generally try to be as much of a person like that as possible, despite the fact that deep down inside I'm extremely pessimistic about everything, I have a difficult time opening up to other people thus creating a general sense of dislike over them, I'm scared of god damn everything and I have no confidence that is found simply inside of myself instead of through others.

I don't think it's that simplistic, but there is a tendency to at least be drawn towards emotionally expressive, motherly women. Arguably because I'm an underdeveloped guy in the realm of sexuality.

You got this from socionics though BTW.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
This isnt what projection is about. Projection is when you see an image(anima for example) in others that is really in you.

I think what you are talking about is more about persona identifying with the inferior function. I do think that people project their anima, but what you are talking about is not anima projection

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In recent days I discovered that I am often times running away from what I actually am. I am constantly trying to convince people that I am a gentle compassionate person. In a way, I am, at heart, but physically, I am not... at all. To many people I speak with, they seem to believe I am a kind gentle compassionate person, until I lock eyes with them and they react as if they have gazed upon THE ICON OF SIN. lol. So as a result, I intiutively avoid eye contact with people I know will react negatively... specifically (for some odd reason) ESTJs and ENFPs.

I was also thinking about ENFPs and how they are similar but in reverse. Visually speaking, it seems to me that some ENFPs will come off as a hardy, hardworking, well put together person, when a lot of them seem to complain about how their lives are complete chaos.

sometimes:
ENFJs project an image of being "badass" when inside they feel easily wounded or lack willpower

ESFJs project an image of "intellectualism"

some ENTJs seem to project a much more "emotional" appearance, many of my ENTJ clients seem to think they are INFJ, when in fact this typing completely contradicts the reactions people have of them, and the complete lack of political awareness they imbue, lol.

etc.

I'm tossing around a theory in my head, that insecurity or lack of love for the self actually drives this anima image to be more apparent.

Thoughts?

nailed it.

Edit: except what [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] said...this is probably called something else other than projecting anima. Still the theory, whatever u wanna label it, stays.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me as an ENFP- I wear my heart on my sleeve. I suck at poker as you will always know what's in my hand. I'm a horrible liar.

Probably. I have no idea what my anima is outside of the fact that I have a preference for bubbly, optimistic, brave women who seem to be everywhere at all times. I generally try to be as much of a person like that as possible, despite the fact that deep down inside I'm extremely pessimistic about everything, I have a difficult time opening up to other people thus creating a general sense of dislike over them, I'm scared of god damn everything and I have no confidence that is found simply inside of myself instead of through others.

I don't think it's that simplistic, but there is a tendency to at least be drawn towards emotionally expressive, motherly women. Arguably because I'm an underdeveloped guy in the realm of sexuality.

You got this from socionics though BTW.

You described me. You would love hanging out with me. :smile:
And your post made me sad too cuz it has sad overtones.