User Tag List

First 123 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hmmmm. What's the rate of return on our investment if we provide seed capital for this cult?
    Why don't you go there and find out? They meet at the Kogod Yard of the Smithsonian Museum every other Sunday at 3pm. http://www.meetup.com/The-DC-Philosophy-Cafe/

Feel free to contact the nut-job through that site for any further information, he'll be happy to hear from you as he is determined to turn the Meet-up group into a thriving business.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    He sought out my assistance at turning his philosophy meet-up into a cult. Once it seemed evident to him that he'd be able to force any view upon the audience, regardless of how preposterous, he wanted my help at making his arguments in that paper seem reasonable.
    Haha, good luck with that!

Therefore, women are evil.
    Well, we talk about the good breast and the bad breast. And we know that love and hate are only two sides of the same coin.

And we all love and hate our mother.

But of course without insight, we can try to re-experience our hatred of our mother by projecting it onto all women.

And just as men love and hate their mother, their lovers are heirs to this love and hate.

And by the same token, women love and hate their father, and their lovers fall heir to this same love and hate.

The only killer is indifference.
    Last edited by Mole; 12-18-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ugh... one of those people who thinks that they are so much smarter than they actually are

furthermore, he'll be quite disappointed when people don't follow his idea like he thinks that they will and he'll probably decide that he's some sort of visionary and the world just isn't ready for his brilliance yet

in other words, the type of person who the internet is just MADE for
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Reads like a guy in high school, lagging in wisdom despite above average IQ. Has his chance at growing up if he comes down from his head, but I'm afraid he will need to be shaken down from there with no small amount of force. Lacking such an act of God and/or the will to make the leap to the ground himself, he may well still be spinning these schizoid theories when he's 58 years old.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INFJ

Would you believe me if I told you that the author of this piece was 58?
    Well, since you are our only source of information on this guy, of course we'll believe you... However, after we believe you, we will be left to contemplate this factoid in horror and incredulity.

I never can get my head around how some people manage to get through life while maintaining such an incapacitating level of delusion. Like, assuming he didn't inherit wealth, how DOES this dude manage to have a job (which, presumably, involves dealing with other people on some level)? I'll be even more shocked to learn that he somehow persuaded some unfortunate woman to have sex with, or even marry him, and that he has a family as a result.
    And that's my two cents on the subject.

I read the first and last few sentences. I saw no reason to read more.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't like these kinds of questions where the person asking the question already knows the answer and is investigating what people don't know rather than presenting subjects directly.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by two cents View Post
    Well, since you are our only source of information on this guy.

Actually, I am not. You may contact the author of that paper through this site, he's the leader of the DC Philosophy Cafe. http://www.meetup.com/The-DC-Philosophy-Cafe/
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by two cents View Post
    Well, since you are our only source of information on this guy, of course we'll believe you... However, after we believe you, we will be left to contemplate this factoid in horror and incredulity.

I never can get my head around how some people manage to get through life while maintaining such an incapacitating level of delusion. Like, assuming he didn't inherit wealth, how DOES this dude manage to have a job (which, presumably, involves dealing with other people on some level)? I'll be even more shocked to learn that he somehow persuaded some unfortunate woman to have sex with, or even marry him, and that he has a family as a result.
    Most of us have the most extraordinary beliefs. Only our extraordinary beliefs are shared by many others. And such shared extraordinary beliefs are called religions.