• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could I have a form of mild asperger's?

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been looking in to Asperger's and I relate to a fair amount of the symptoms.. but I don't really know. Does it sound like I might?
- I've always had problems with social awkwardness, and for me it's not getting better. I have not made any new friends in person for 6 years. I find it very difficult to start or maintain a conversation.

- I have some trouble reading peoples facial expressions sometimes, and I don't make eye contact with people, I never have really. When I think about it, I do, but when I don't think about it I never do.

- My interests are kind of limited, i am interested in psychology, personality quizzes, food but not really much else. I can seriously talk about personality quizzes for hours, same with cats. I find it difficult wathing things and reading books I'm not interested in.

- My small motor skills are bad. I am terrible at crafting, sewing (the instructions are hard for me to understand, there's WAY too much detail in it for me), my hand-writing is very messy, I am slow learning hands-on stuff but usually great at learning theory and concepts..

- I am clumsy and awkward sometimes, but not all the time.

- I only wear 2-3 outfits, I don't put any effort in to hair or makeup..

I don't know, I think a more mild form of asperger's is a possibility but I question that because I don't have any special routines nor am I a fan of schedules like most people with Asperger's are. I'm not skilled or talented at anything, really.

In real life it is actually painful to listen to me talk because I am horrible at putting sentences together when I talk sometimes.

baccheion

Take an online test to see. Try out supplements like Piracetam or Aniracetam to see if they help.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
According to my professional opinion, you have eye herpes. I'm sorry.

Alea_iacta_est

I think Aspergers syndrome is too rare compared to its chameleon counterpart, giftedness. Gifted Intellect is far more common and brings with it many traits of the Aspie: emotional sensitivity, hypersensitivity (in some cases), antisocial-esque behavior, social awkwardness, and being better at mental challenges than physical challenges. The main underlying problem with the Aspie is that they are inhibited socially. They don't really understand that other people are people, they see them as objects, whereas the gifted person would see them as people, but perhaps treat them like objects.

In any case, this is the best online test to basically figure out if you're NT or Aspie, (or gifted NT) (Warning, the site looks shitty but the test is pretty good in my opinion)
http://rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I wouldn't rule it out.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I took the test and it said 132 out of 200 for aspie traits and 63 out of 200 for non. that being said I don't think I have asperger's.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been looking in to Asperger's and I relate to a fair amount of the symptoms.. but I don't really know. Does it sound like I might?
- I've always had problems with social awkwardness, and for me it's not getting better. I have not made any new friends in person for 6 years. I find it very difficult to start or maintain a conversation.

- I have some trouble reading peoples facial expressions sometimes, and I don't make eye contact with people, I never have really. When I think about it, I do, but when I don't think about it I never do.

- My interests are kind of limited, i am interested in psychology, personality quizzes, food but not really much else. I can seriously talk about personality quizzes for hours, same with cats. I find it difficult wathing things and reading books I'm not interested in.

- My small motor skills are bad. I am terrible at crafting, sewing (the instructions are hard for me to understand, there's WAY too much detail in it for me), my hand-writing is very messy, I am slow learning hands-on stuff but usually great at learning theory and concepts..

I don't know, I think a more mild form of asperger's is a possibility but I question that because I don't have any special routines nor am I a fan of schedules like most people with Asperger's are. I'm not skilled or talented at anything, really.

In real life it is actually painful to listen to me talk because I am horrible at putting sentences together when I talk sometimes.

Hi, I think that what you describe could be one of several different things or a combination, you could also have high functioning autism or asbergers. I would be curious to understand how isolated you are?

You said you have not made new friends (IRL?) in six years. Is that since finishing school? Do you have any old friends? Support? Family?

There are large communities of Aspies on the internet, it might be more helpful for you to seek out those rather than do the online tests. Also how helpful would it be for you to have a diagnosis? For some it brings clarity, access to resources, relief for family and friends etc. For others it's a label and they would rather not have the associated stigma.

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took the test and it said 132 out of 200 for aspie traits and 63 out of 200 for non. that being said I don't think I have asperger's.

I got 100/200 aspie traits and 106/200 neurotypical idk how that doesn't even add up

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Many introverted types might have traits in common with Aspergers/High functioning autism. I thought for about 10 years I was an aspie. I've lately come to question that. I "zone out" a lot and can find external stimuli to be jarring and uncomfortable, which is something I've read many aspies experience.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm pretty sure aspergers is another way of saying "unhealthy IxTJ."

Mole

Permabanned
If you are really worried, I would suggest you do not self diagnose, but rather seek out a qualified psychologist, with whom you have rapport, and ask them for their qualified diagnosis.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You just sound like a nerdy, introverted person to me. The evidence isn't very compelling, but like [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] said, if you're really worried get a professional diagnosis.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so you can't be an aspie unless you're an ISTJ or INTJ?

Well, no, they don't need to be. I personally have very mild aspergers, but it's also pretty much completely overcome as of now.

Anyway, here's how it works for me:
1. Detachment from social contexts.
2. Strong powers of focus in certain areas.
3. Obsessions with minor details.
4. Not picking up on societal trends.
5. Being seen as a very weird kid.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I just don't like that certain personality traits are assigned to mental disorder

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP

No.

Maybe psychologists will differ, but then:

- somebody can have no friends by choice
- a person who only cares about clubbing and celebrities has by definition limited interests
- i've never sewn in my lifetime, and i think in modern times people only do this as a hobby
- And? many "healthy" people
- some people refuse to do so out of principle. are they weird or abnormal?

You're normal IMO, not ill because idiot psychologists like to label people or don't see humanity as complex as the rest of NORMAL humanity does ;)

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, no, they don't need to be. I personally have very mild aspergers, but it's also pretty much completely overcome as of now.

Anyway, here's how it works for me:
1. Detachment from social contexts.
2. Strong powers of focus in certain areas.
3. Obsessions with minor details.
4. Not picking up on societal trends.
5. Being seen as a very weird kid.

Societal trends? so people who don't own smartphones are ill? or those who still use vinyl over MP3s? lulz..

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I would say further that the Asperger symptoms make little sense. They say to be highly social, but yeah, many people only stay in their cliques and are super nice to others lol.. I guess people who "fit in and are normal" who exclude others on superficial whims are "aspies" also, eh?