• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Don't be that guy, please...

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, today, I was told in class that a classmate of mine (who I don't know... except where he sat at) passed away due to a drunk driving incident (he was a passenger... and he didn't drink apparently.)

After the incident, the drunk driver was still alive, yet, the classmate of mine is the one that passes away.

Even though I know nothing of the person, it maddens me that people are still deciding to drink and drive... thinking these incidents will never happen to them.

I don't care if it is your car, or your life, you are risking other people's life because you are driving drunk.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't be the guy who accepts a ride when the driver is drunk, also.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'M FINE BRO GIMME MY KEYS.

*smacks them in the face* I love you, shut up, I'm driving.

If that doesn't work (which it usually does) drunk people are easy to persuade (I mean that in the best way possible). I don't go out regularly but I've been DD a handful times. If a friend gets beliggerant about driving drunk, I will deceive them if it means getting them safely home. Like, "no, you left your car at Sarah's house remember? That is not your car, don't be an idiot." Then text them in the morning to remind them where their car actually is. :)

Whatever works.
[MENTION=10431]Rail Tracer[/MENTION] I agree with your frustration, and I'm sorry for the loss of your classmate. :(

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, Rail Tracer. That really sucks. :(

it was a big issue when my dad was driving drunk. If he wanted to be stupid, okay, whatever... but we were always worried about the other people on the road.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd wager almost everyone is at least a little bit like that guy.

I don't drink, but I've done foolish things. When I was 16 I drove a scooter that went 100 Kmph through swirly roads in forests thinking I was awesome at it and nothing could happen to me, until I brushed with death as I went through a sharp right corner out of which a car came, also cutting the corner. I made a hard left and then a right around, scooted past 6 or 7 trees or so on the left side of the road, barely able to keep control and on the scooter and not crashing into something before I came to a stop. I had someone else on the back as well, thankfully he froze and didn't move about. But that was a close one indeed.

I may have a very good reaction time and also a very composed reaction to sudden danger, but that was the last time I ever blindly went into a corner or past a street where I did not have the overview. It seriously was that close. It all basicly happened in a fraction of a second and you wouldnt believe the force involved just from making those hard turns unless you were there... Even thinking back to it now, I've no idea how I was able to keep in control as much as I did. I'd almost say it was a miracle. It definately had little to do with skill and a lot with pure luck.

Self confidence is great, but people should realize that no matter how confident they are of themselves, there are always factors beyond your control. Teenagers usually seem to learn this the hard way, if they're lucky and don't die in the process that is.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry about your classmate. :(
I know families that drunk driving devastated.