User Tag List

Default Don't be that guy, please...

Well, today, I was told in class that a classmate of mine (who I don't know... except where he sat at) passed away due to a drunk driving incident (he was a passenger... and he didn't drink apparently.)

After the incident, the drunk driver was still alive, yet, the classmate of mine is the one that passes away.

Even though I know nothing of the person, it maddens me that people are still deciding to drink and drive... thinking these incidents will never happen to them.

I don't care if it is your car, or your life, you are risking other people's life because you are driving drunk.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Don't be the guy who accepts a ride when the driver is drunk, also.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

You ever try reasoning with a drunk?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'M FINE BRO GIMME MY KEYS.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by palm View Post
    I'M FINE BRO GIMME MY KEYS.
    *smacks them in the face* I love you, shut up, I'm driving.

If that doesn't work (which it usually does) drunk people are easy to persuade (I mean that in the best way possible). I don't go out regularly but I've been DD a handful times. If a friend gets beliggerant about driving drunk, I will deceive them if it means getting them safely home. Like, "no, you left your car at Sarah's house remember? That is not your car, don't be an idiot." Then text them in the morning to remind them where their car actually is.

Whatever works.

@Rail Tracer I agree with your frustration, and I'm sorry for the loss of your classmate.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sorry, Rail Tracer. That really sucks.

it was a big issue when my dad was driving drunk. If he wanted to be stupid, okay, whatever... but we were always worried about the other people on the road.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'd wager almost everyone is at least a little bit like that guy.

I don't drink, but I've done foolish things. When I was 16 I drove a scooter that went 100 Kmph through swirly roads in forests thinking I was awesome at it and nothing could happen to me, until I brushed with death as I went through a sharp right corner out of which a car came, also cutting the corner. I made a hard left and then a right around, scooted past 6 or 7 trees or so on the left side of the road, barely able to keep control and on the scooter and not crashing into something before I came to a stop. I had someone else on the back as well, thankfully he froze and didn't move about. But that was a close one indeed.

I may have a very good reaction time and also a very composed reaction to sudden danger, but that was the last time I ever blindly went into a corner or past a street where I did not have the overview. It seriously was that close. It all basicly happened in a fraction of a second and you wouldnt believe the force involved just from making those hard turns unless you were there... Even thinking back to it now, I've no idea how I was able to keep in control as much as I did. I'd almost say it was a miracle. It definately had little to do with skill and a lot with pure luck.

Self confidence is great, but people should realize that no matter how confident they are of themselves, there are always factors beyond your control. Teenagers usually seem to learn this the hard way, if they're lucky and don't die in the process that is.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Sorry about your classmate.
    I know families that drunk driving devastated.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8