• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reverse Conceptualization Process

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When we initiate projects and create mental constructs, I'm wondering if it's actually in some cases more intelligent to start from the ideal conclusion, and then work downwards towards the pieces. Like, instead of integrating everything together, we could deconstruct our vision for a perfect model, and take it apart all of the way to its fundamental essence and core foundation.

So how would one go about achieving this; how would we take these things apart to better understand what makes them function and why?

I'll try to invent my own example here of the Reverse Conceptualization Process in action for a particular context as presented below...

Question: Under what conditions could Traversable Wormholes be opened?

1. Traversable Wormholes could create possibilities for hyper-dimensional travel and the infinite processing of information.
2. Its design consists of high-tension "exotic matter" to keep it open against the force of the wormhole's energy density, with "multi-faceted cubes" connected at each end.
3. To harness these alien properties required to keep Traversable Wormholes stable, we may need to penetrate into spiritual realities and extract its essences.
4. In order to do so, we need to advance the spiritual evolution of mankind, and in time, we should learn how to access these higher planes.

That's just a very basic diagram for reference of how this feat could be achieved. I would be very interested if these ideas could be further expanded upon, and their true powers unleashed!

ygolo

My termites win
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
My interest in physics stems from wanting to understand more worldly things. As strange as thinking about traversable wormholes is, I would not feel confident in making claims.

There are others on this forum who may be helpful. [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] or [MENTION=9924]spin-1/2-nuclei[/MENTION] for instance.

I will watch in interest regarding this.

As for reverse conceptualization in general. I have used this many many times as an engineer. I thought of what I want a particular circuit or piece of software to do, and then figure out how to make it happen. I think as an engineer, I used what you call "reverse" conceptualization waaay more often than starting from known concepts and working "forward."

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is the original source.

I've met Kip Thorne and had classes on relativity from him. He knows what he's talking about, BUT I don't think he's right about this, and I think he knows he's not right about it. It's more an exercise of pushing what we know to an extreme, not really doing science and testing theories against reality. Mathematically, it's possible to describe wormholes that you can go through to travel FTL or even back in time. But that's just math. I can add -100 to the current year and get 1913, but I'm still stuck in 2013 for now. His math is more elaborate than that, and at best it says that physics as we know it doesn't preclude time travel, but it makes no positive statement for time travel or FTL travel.

Mole

Permabanned
Under what conditions could Traversable Wormholes be opened?

If traversable wormholes were physically possible, we would see things poping out of wormholes. But we don't. So they are probably physically impossible.

Of course wormholes are imaginatively possible. And as you have a magnificent imagination, we can reverse engineer wormholes in our imagination.

However I have noticed over time that your wonderful imagination is completely devoid of reality.

I don't know how you could possibly introduce a small part of reality into your imaginative works, but I think it would be explosive.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like you describe the brain of an ENFP- but the wormhole stuff is off my radar- sorry.
If I am approaching a project - I see the final product. And I work my way backwards.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If traversable wormholes were physically possible, we would see things poping out of wormholes. But we don't. So they are probably physically impossible.

Perhaps so, and I'm glad you were smart enough to make the distinction of pointing out how it's physically improbable/impossible, but maybe not so on "meta"-physical levels!

Of course wormholes are imaginatively possible. And as you have a magnificent imagination, we can reverse engineer wormholes in our imagination.

Hmm, once again, you grasp the higher meanings; its value is just as much if not more so in mental expansion as it is in just being used.

However I have noticed over time that your wonderful imagination is completely devoid of reality.

Maybe we can come back to this one when we actually have a complete theory of the nature of reality and everything to begin with.

I don't know how you could possibly introduce a small part of reality into your imaginative works, but I think it would be explosive.

Ah yes, it could transform paradigms, even if it takes a very long time in dimensions far away...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
This may be of some relevance to your thinking: http://io9.com/5963263/how-nasa-will-build-its-very-first-warp-drive

TBH I am not quite interested enough to put in the effort to evaluate this idea. But it is showing up on facebook again.

Well, warping the space-time with expansions and contractions to create the oscillating warp bubble, or the "timeless spheroid" of sorts within the zone sounds like a great idea!