• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ii hate taking meds

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:hug: I understand that feeling. Speaking of moving faster than others, your mind can move faster than yourself, too!

Sweet potatoes are delicious. :happy2:

yeah I want to write a book I think I will. or not we're eating in an hour. I really don't know I have so much energy but don't know what to do

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I hate taking meds, but it at this point it feels necessary. I tried going off my Cymbalta (really low dose for anxiety) about two months ago. I made it about three weeks, then at a certain time of month I had the worst mood swings of my life. That was the end of that.

baccheion

I hate taking meds, but it at this point it feels necessary. I tried going off my Cymbalta (really low dose for anxiety) about two months ago. I made it about three weeks, then at a certain time of month I had the worst mood swings of my life. That was the end of that.

What's your condition? Have you ever tried more natural alternatives?

baccheion

Generalized anxiety disorder. And apparently really brutal PMS.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you think it's diet related (the anxiety), was there some other cause, or is it pretty much "genetic?" I'm curious how you'd respond to something like 750mg Aniracetam (for anxiety) and 5-10mg Pregnenolone (along with Vitamin C) and fish oil (for PMS). Not saying that you go off your current medication, I'm just wondering if these would also ease your symptoms (damn curiousity).

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you think it's diet related (the anxiety), was there some other cause, or is it pretty much "genetic?" I'm curious how you'd respond to something like 750mg Aniracetam (for anxiety) and 5-10mg Pregnenolone (along with Vitamin C) and fish oil (for PMS). Not saying that you go off your current medication, I'm just wondering if these would also ease your symptoms (damn curiousity).

I also have ADHD, I was diagnosed pretty young, and the two are very much comorbid. There's also just a lot of various mental disorders on my dad's side of the family, and my mom has dealt with quite a bit of depression.

G

garbage

Go go genetic mental disorders!

I've found recently that I have to make a choice between Ginkgo Biloba and not-Ginkgo Biobla. Taking it improves my terrible memory about tenfold, but seems to nullify the effects of antidepressants. I have to make a choice between smart pills and happiness, and for some reason it's a difficult choice. It shouldn't be, but it is.

Mania kicks all sorts of ass. I liken it to those who physically don't feel pain, though--there are no warning signals when, say, that they have terrible internal bleeding from jagged metal Krusty-Os until they keel over and die. In addition, mania leads to delusions, too. .. mostly of grandeur, of course.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
no mania is fun I thought I crashed yesterday but turns out it was something else. I like being manic even if it means not being able to get on vent. I drew pictures made a video which I can't link cuz I'm on my phone I can but it's a bitch to do. also if there was zilch chance of STDs and pregnancy I'd become a prostitute. plus I'm just awesome.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IMO, being manic sucks. I ruin my credit every. time. and end up with a bunch of crap I don't want. I tell people off in high style and feel fully justified and righteous at the time, and then after the crash ... ok, usually I still feel fully justified and righteous, but wish I hadn't said everything I said or that I'd perhaps considered not saying anything at all, for a change ... etc. I don't like being hypomanic. It's fucked my life up.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My grandpa took my 6 year old brother to the fair until 1:30 am riding the rides when he was manic. He also used to drive fast, talk to strangers in the grocery store (detailing his sexual history in my grandma's presence), and buy all kinds of fun stuff like trampolines (before anyone we knew owned one) and three wheelers. I think he enjoyed his manic times a lot.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've never experienced mania but I've been on meds for depression off and on for about 10 years. On one hand, I wish I'd been on meds for it when I first started to struggle with depression, because they really help. On the other hand, the side effects suck. I can imagine I'd be even less motivated to take them if I were enjoying any part of the experience.

The beta blockers, though I am sad about having an arrythmia and having to take them, the side effects I actually like. They blunt some of the anxiety I also have but am not medicated for (because it's manageable without meds most of the time). And they make it so I don't feel and hear every heartbeat.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I crashed I still don't want to take them even though I have no energy all I want to do is sleep and am really apathetic. I just don't care. I told my case manager was depressed but didn't mention I had quit my meds