User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I don't really get manic, but I tried to pre-empt seasonal depression by going on Celexa and it made me so tired I couldn't function even as well as I did with seasonal depression. Lamictal made me jittery and unable to remember words I wanted. I don't remember what Straterra did specifically, but I remember it being really awful.
    Could this be related to low vitamin D levels?
    Last edited by baccheion; 12-10-2013 at 03:26 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Could this be related to low vitamin D levels?
    Very probably.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Ooo, venting about meds, yes! I had horrible stomach pain, ate lunch thinking it would help, almost immediately after puked so hard I felt like I was turning myself inside out, trembled hard all over and broke out in a cold sweat and then retched for about half an hour. Now, which pill did that? Was it the blue one, or the white one? "Increase as tolerated" Um. Nowhere near the dosage I'm supposed to get to and I'ma say I can't tolerate much more of this ...

I never understood the meds drama. Wow, do I ever understand it now.
    I have a fracture in my L5 vertebrae, a condition with a long assed name. I have 3 meds, one for nerve pain, one for pain and one to relax the muscles that clamp on the nerve like a vice. This cocktail makes me feel completely manic. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. 2am, 3am, 4am....I'm cleaning the tile floor in the bathroom with a toothbrush after I've cleaned the whole house, just to come up with something else to do. Tv and reading are out, I can't concentrate enough. I'm stoned yet wired and I crash around 7am. Needless to say, I'm not taking this combo anymore. I can see why people would want to feel this way, you get a lot accomplished and you feel like you can do anything but it was really unpleasant for me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    NFJ

Drugs can be quite debilitating, and it doesn't help that they're forced on us...

I hope my child grows up drug free. If I have a child and the doctors prescribe hir meds, I'm going on a rampage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Bipolar people can't take antidepressants. It makes them worse. Unless it's certain kinds, combined with a mood stabilizer.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Bipolar people can't take antidepressants. It makes them worse. Unless it's certain kinds, combined with a mood stabilizer.
    antidepressants make me depressed more so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Beta blockers, amirite? Take my ACE inhibitor, please! People with heart arrhythmias be all, "my heart doesn't beat right, wah wah wah."

But I'm not bitter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I've been on prophylactic antibiotics for as long as I can remember. My mom used to crush the nasty huge pill up and put it in mushy food. I liked cookies-n-cream ice cream best, but it got kind of gritty and bitter with the pill in there. Applesauce hid it better and was quicker to swallow. Later when I just swallowed it straight, I had to position it JUST RIGHT on my tongue or it'd scrape the whole way down my throat and taste awful for hours.

In high school I started taking meds for ADD, too, and those were a bitch. Strattera, Ritalin, and Concerta just made me shaky and hyper. Adderall was awesome... at first. I dropped 30 pounds in like 3 weeks, got all my homework done early and cleaned EVERYTHING, and stayed up like 21 hours a day. Sometimes I wouldn't sleep or eat for 3 days. I thought it was incredible, but then the crashes and withdrawals started getting worse and worse. The psychiatrist decided to titrate my dosage up, and I ended up having a psychotic episode during a withdrawal. I felt the "bugs in your skin" feeling and I attacked my mom for touching me when I told her not to get close. That was the end of that for me. With the doctor's approval, I titrated myself back down and just kept my bottle of the lowest dosage around to take as needed. It's been 7 years since I took my last one.

@prplchknz Do you enjoy the mania? When I was taking a high dose of Adderall it would feel amazing sometimes but there was also always a lingering trace of bad feeling too. Not just the side effects but I could drop into irritability really easily. It was like I was running as fast as the world but sometimes I'd get angry when other people couldn't keep up with me. I eventually felt like I just couldn't ride that wave anymore, it wasn't the "real me" and it wasn't worth the sacrifice. But that was drug-induced mania, and maybe yours feels quite different.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    In high school I started taking meds for ADD, too, and those were a bitch. Strattera, Ritalin, and Concerta just made me shaky and hyper. Adderall was awesome... at first. I dropped 30 pounds in like 3 weeks, got all my homework done early and cleaned EVERYTHING, and stayed up like 21 hours a day. Sometimes I wouldn't sleep or eat for 3 days. I thought it was incredible, but then the crashes and withdrawals started getting worse and worse. The psychiatrist decided to titrate my dosage up, and I ended up having a psychotic episode during a withdrawal. I felt the "bugs in your skin" feeling and I attacked my mom for touching me when I told her not to get close. That was the end of that for me. With the doctor's approval, I titrated myself back down and just kept my bottle of the lowest dosage around to take as needed. It's been 7 years since I took my last one.

@prplchknz Do you enjoy the mania? When I was taking a high dose of Adderall it would feel amazing sometimes but there was also always a lingering trace of bad feeling too. Not just the side effects but I could drop into irritability really easily. It was like I was running as fast as the world but sometimes I'd get angry when other people couldn't keep up with me. I eventually felt like I just couldn't ride that wave anymore, it wasn't the "real me" and it wasn't worth the sacrifice. But that was drug-induced mania, and maybe yours feels quite different.
    no thats pretty much what it's like. today I feel too manic like I can't really focus on anything and I need to harness the mania so no more than four hours of sleep more than that my mind races too much. but I did feel better while making sweet potatoes

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    no thats pretty much what it's like. today I feel too manic like I can't really focus on anything and I need to harness the mania so no more than four hours of sleep more than that my mind races too much. but I did feel better while making sweet potatoes
    I understand that feeling. Speaking of moving faster than others, your mind can move faster than yourself, too!

Sweet potatoes are delicious.