User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default teach me how to lie

I can't seem to do this correctly. What are the tricks in lying?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Channel into your Te. Don't think of it as lying, just reorganizing facts for more effectiveness.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Just remember... it's not a lie if you believe it, prpl.

garbage

Oh, man. This one got me thinking.

Stepping outside of your current reality and your own self, looking at a situation from the 50,000 foot level, allows you to shift perspective. One such perspective can be your very own fantasy realm, perhaps a parallel universe to the one that you're in.. but with just a few details tweaked.

Imagine what it'd be like if your lies were true. What would be the implications? How would you modify the situation or yourself to make those tweaked details fit?

If you immerse yourself in that fantasy world, and you talk about that fantasy world, then bam--you've got a set of successful lies.

What makes you bad at lying? Does your conscience stop you, does your demeanor get in the way, do you get caught in traps ... ?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Oh, man. This one got me thinking.

Stepping outside of your current reality and your own self, looking at a situation from the 50,000 foot level, allows you to shift perspective. One such perspective can be your very own fantasy realm, perhaps a parallel universe to the one that you're in.. but with just a few details tweaked.

Imagine what it'd be like if your lies were true. What would be the implications? How would you modify the situation or yourself to make those tweaked details fit?

If you immerse yourself in that fantasy world, and you talk about that fantasy world, then bam--you've got a set of successful lies.

What makes you bad at lying? Does your conscience stop you, does your demeanor get in the way, do you get caught in traps ... ?
    I don't think it's my conscience, but more my demeanor, and the content of the lie so i've been told is so far fetched that their's no way to believe it. and if i do lie all you have to do is ask if i'm lying. and my knee jerk reaction is "yes"

I'm bad at lying.

If it is a conscious decision to not lie, than that is the problem.

If you are lying, but people can tell that you are lying... like facial expressions and the like, than you may need to fix those expression.

Probably the types of people who are hard to decipher, whether they are telling a lie or not, is if
    1: The person's expression is similar in all/most cases. One cannot tell if the person is telling the truth or telling a joke.
    2: A person that changes expressions readily for circumstances. Act sad in sad situations, be happy in happy moments, be angry when accused, yada yada.

But you can pretty much call the Second Person an actor because actors play different roles in films, and sometimes, those roles end up sticking to them in real life.

Example: If you are given a present that you don't exactly like or care for, smile, say thank, and act like the present is great.
    Bad example of not what to be like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-akKo0oat7k

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The best lies are those with sensible conclusions, a truth based net, and an escape route upon discovery.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

I'd say it's easier to lie when you believe you're telling the truth. So stretch the truth and twist what you know into something you want it to be rather than what it is and you'll be a super pro liar because you won't even know you're lying.

super pro pro

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Teach me to tell the truth better. Ha.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Teach me to tell the truth better. Ha.
    don't have a filter