• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

forgetting

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
we all do it, so why do we forget?and what things do you forget commonly
I forget
-people's names
-what i'm doing
-how old i am (like i seriously have to think)
-what year it is (like i'll think it's 2003 but it's not)
-to turn off the lights
-where i put that thing i was using
-what i'm saying
-my point

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend forget details but remember impressions or themes. I have come to accept that it comes with the Ne territory and appreciate my aptitude for vibes and seeing the big picture and connections within it. Not always appreciated by everyone, but I've found it very useful and satisfying as far as building knowledge goes.

I forget where I put things a lot because I'm usually off in my head when I'm doing mundane crap.

I'm pretty good at memorizing though, so that's helped me a lot on that department when I needed it.

mouse

MBTI Type
isfj
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I remember most everything about people or topics. The only thing I usually forget is things that relate to myself (What am I doing? I thought I was supposed to do something later. I was gonna say something. If I've already told this story. etc).
I also mostly just remember trivial things.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i don't know if this is legit forgetting or confusion. But i forgot where i lived today. I didn't know which house i lived in and i've been here since july and the houses don't look the same.

Mole

Permabanned
i don't know if this is legit forgetting or confusion. But i forgot where i lived today. I didn't know which house i lived in and i've been here since july and the houses don't look the same.

I've always been absent minded ever since I was a little boy.

So the question is: where does my mind go, when it is absent?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Names I am very bad at--and temporary information. "Tell your mom I called." I will never, ever tell her. My mind literally says, "Holy shit that's useless and it smells, gtfo!"