User Tag List

Thread: mind and body

WALMART

Default mind and body

one and the same?

is your psyche directly reflective in the physiological happenings of your brain? does your intuitive perception relate the two as being discretely separate or inherently contingent?

discuss.

Not exactly the same, because the mind involves the stored information and memories which are sort of intangible. But it has physiological processes and is subject to the effects of chemicals and the environment just like the body.

However, in terms of practical living, what you are thinking and feeling (emotionally) impacts your body's performance, and your physical behaviors impact your state of mind. Simple things like if you are fake laughing then you start real laughing, because it's actually funny. Or exercising improving your mood. I'm not sure if this is what you're going for JTR, but that's what came to mind from your question.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Not exactly the same, because the mind involves the stored information and memories which are sort of intangible. But it has physiological processes and is subject to the effects of chemicals and the environment just like the body.

However, in terms of practical living, what you are thinking and feeling (emotionally) impacts your body's performance, and your physical behaviors impact your state of mind. Simple things like if you are fake laughing then you start real laughing, because it's actually funny. Or exercising improving your mood. I'm not sure if this is what you're going for JTR, but that's what came to mind from your question.
    ^^^^^^^^

either mountains or arrows of that's practically what i was gonna say, but because it's been said i don't have to and can be lazy.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post

^^^^^^^^

either mountains or arrows of that's practically what i was gonna say, but because it's been said i don't have to and can be lazy.

Infinite Bubble

Reflective, yes.

Where the mind goes, the body follows.