User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default MBTI has an inherent bias....

MBTI "psychologists" tend to have a bias for ESFPs and ESTPs, since most of the profiles list very few negatives of those types compared to others.

Is this because psychology tends to see the optimal human state as being shallow and outgoing, without any reasoning or methodology?

MBTI
    ISTP

The bias of MBTI forums towards Ns makes up for it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    Is this because psychology tends to see the optimal human state as being shallow and outgoing, without any reasoning or methodology?
    Probably not but thanks for letting us know about how you view ESFPs and ESTPs.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Probably not but thanks for letting us know about how you view ESFPs and ESTPs.

I don't dislike anybody.

I just think ESFPs get an unfair bias.

My type (INTP) has positives and more negatives, whilst ESFPs get largely positives with few negatives. This is only based on the beliefs of psychologists, little else.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I just think ESFPs get an unfair bias.
    It's a bias that goes both ways though. ESFPs also have negative stereotypes about them being stupid, vapid, shallow, and unreasonable.

My type (INTP) has positives and more negatives, whilst ESFPs get largely positives with few negatives.
    I actually think that shows more of a bias towards the INTPs since it shows more thought was put into their description than the ESFP description. It also gives INTPs more of an opportunity to recognize and work around the negatives listed than ESFPs.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm sure that if the profiles aren't negative enough for your tastes you can stick around here for a week or two and hear quite enough negative things about primary Se users to please you
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    It's a bias that goes both ways though. ESFPs also have negative stereotypes about them being stupid, vapid, shallow, and unreasonable.

I actually think that shows more of a bias towards the INTPs since it shows more thought was put into their description than the ESFP description. It also gives INTPs more of an opportunity to recognize and work around the negatives listed than ESFPs.
    Er.. no. lol..

Most see it on face value, and it's something done to purposefully praise ESFPs and discredit INTPs. If INTPs have "more to work" on, then it's clear the bias is in favour of the ESFPs by the MBTI people since they're saying they are more adjusted. So if "more thought" has gone into it, then clearly this is a negative bias. Unless MBTI people can be honest and say they think ESFP is an inherently "better" type.... lol.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm sure that if the profiles aren't negative enough for your tastes you can stick around here for a week or two and hear quite enough negative things about primary Se users to please you
    Yeah, pretty much this.

Er.. no. lol..

Most see it on face value, and it's something done to purposefully praise ESFPs and discredit INTPs. If INTPs have "more to work" on, then it's clear the bias is in favour of the ESFPs by the MBTI people since they're saying they are more adjusted. So if "more thought" has gone into it, then clearly this is a negative bias. Unless MBTI people can be honest and say they think ESFP is an inherently "better" type.... lol.
    I really doubt that INTPs are viewed as a "worse" type and ESFPs are viewed as a "better" type. INTs tend to be a desirable type to be on online communities while ESFs tend to get bashed on in the background.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP

lol.. to me it seems obvious, since ESFPs on most MBTI literature seldom get much criticisms. Prove then per the literature of psychologists it's not seen as a worse type, and not by lay people on a Web forum.

My main point though is that this proves psychology is a fraud. it has no true benevolent centre.

Your insinuation is that I must suck it up, well yes suck up a dishonest science lol..

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    hmm..

This essentially proves my point about psychology.

It seems you're justifying it's negative qualities, but there you go, psychology is a scummy practice right?