User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    Prove then per the literature of psychologists it's not seen as a worse type, and not by lay people on a Web forum.
    What you're saying doesn't seem to prove that they're trying to say one type is better than others. Just because one description is more substantial than another doesn't really prove anything.

My main point though is that this proves psychology is a fraud. it has no true benevolent centre.
    Trying to disprove psychology on a forum centered around it is like trying to break a brick wall by throwing a baseball. I mean, no one's asking you to follow all of its principles - I certainly don't follow a few scientific principles - so why are you getting so riled up about it? If you don't want to believe psychology exists I'm not sure why you even have INTP as your listed type.

psychology is a scummy practice right?
    You could ask @skylights, who I believe has a degree in it. Although good job contradicting yourself earlier when you said "I don't dislike anybody" - you seem to have a bias against people who practice psychology.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

The funny thing is I don't think a lot of psychologists are really that into MBTI, and a lot of the authors who write type descriptions found on the internet - besides the major big names in personality - are just laypeople interested in the subject.

It really just depends on the author as to what type gets panned. Keirsey gives the short end of the stick to S types in general.

But "psychology" is just a field of study... it is just a term referring to a particular set of information - in this case information pertaining to the mind - and the group of people who engage that type of information. By definition, there is nothing inherently benevolent or malevolent about it. By definition, too, there is nothing inherently fraudulent about it.

Whereas the people who study and practice it may be any of those things.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Modern psychs do largely disregard MBTI just like they disregard Freud. But that doesn't mean it's a fraud. It's a tool, and tools can be misused, by people.

Why (In the OP) do you say the theory has an inherent bias whilst in the content you lay the fault clearly with the practitioners? MBTI is just a list of letters/cognitive functions and the descriptions about what each function does. The theory itself plays no favourites.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My personality inventory includes ways that each of the 16 types tends to lose out. just saying.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

garbage

Interesting if true. Do you have examples of descriptions that we can compare?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Why (In the OP) do you say the theory has an inherent bias whilst in the content you lay the fault clearly with the practitioners? MBTI is just a list of letters/cognitive functions and the descriptions about what each function does. The theory itself plays no favourites.
    I doubt that.

Sorry, but I don't like psychology and psychologists. I think they single people out, and they're fools who don't get common norms in society.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    I doubt that.

Sorry, but I don't like psychology and psychologists. I think they single people out, and they're fools who don't get common norms in society.
    You doubt that? That's a fact, not an opinion. There is no agreed-upon description for each type. They are written based off of qualities that are figured from the cognitive preferences of each type. Just because you found an author who supposedly thinks ESFPs are better than other types says nothing about MBTI at all.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP

oh really? lol..

I doubt that, but then what do psychologists know?

garbage

Look, all anyone is asking for is a set of descriptions, facts, or.. well, any evidence at all.

"Nope." is an argument, I suppose, but not a convincing one. Asking other people to prove a negative is also kinda problematic.