User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    6 sx

The only trait I have that makes me wonder, is that I sometimes have these fantasies of becoming some grand amazing person. I have heard narcissists can have that, though I don't know if it's as extreme for me.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm a narcisisist and I know that. It's pretty easy to tell when you have faith in yourself.

People who act arrogant as a show of toughness aren't real narcisists; they're just throwing up shields.

Of course, they don't know they are narcissists...They know they're perfect!

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I tend to focus on myself more than I'd like to sometimes. Being narcissistic is kind of a fear of mine. It freaks me out when I feel like I might be that way.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    edit: as far as craving validation goes, that's just a part of life. we all want/need attention, we all want/need appreciation (and affection, allowing, acceptance, etc), often to highly varying degrees depending on our expectations from childhood, the ways we manage our emotional mood swings and overall temperament pattern, our emotional intelligence and maturity level, etc.
    Yes, this is true. Getting attention/validation is a universal human need, not something only narcissists need. It (as I understand it) reaches the point of ‘narcissism’ when the expectation/need for support becomes a sort of crutch (to ward off unconscious feelings of inferiority); other people become sources of validation instead beings who rightly need/deserve their own authentic experience of the world in turn- and that’s when we’ve reduced them to objects which exist to serve our ego. It’s coming from a place of scarcity- needing support to feel our own experience of the world is valid whilst not being able to see others’ experiences as valid in return (or rather, only seeing their experience as ‘valid’ when their experiences reflect well on us).

But yeah, good point, it's important to remember that everyone needs/deserves the validation and support of others.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Delusions of grandeur. A megalomaniac thinks they, and their reasoning, are quite rational - given their "special snowflake" status.

Exhibit A:

ForbiddenGardens-TerraCottaArmy_2008'4-crwpps.jpg

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Most people with a cluster B disorder (psychopath, narcissist, borderline, histrionic) do not think they have a problem. The think other people are the problem and they are just fine.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If I take narcissist to specifically mean the Personality Disorder, then they kind of have to be in the dark about it.

It reminds me of a statement someone once said to me, in earnest: "they don't hate us because we're arrogant, they hate us because they're jealous".
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If I take narcissist to specifically mean the Personality Disorder, then they kind of have to be in the dark about it.

It reminds me of a statem

ent someone once said to me, in earnest: "they don't hate us because we're arrogant, they hate us because they're jealous".
    So a narcissist isnt a narcissist unless that person also has delusions of grandeur and roots his reasons for being irrationally?

Im asking because if I am not a narcissist, then I think I may have a serious problem.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

I loosely associate Fi with narcissism, but I've always found it strange that INTJs seem vastly more narcissistic than ISTJs, despite having it on the same 'function that fascinates us the most' tert spot in the function order. Could be my working association theory is just bollocks, could be what I'm chasing isn't narcissism at all but rather something else.

IXFPs can go either way, though usually their tremendous ability to sympathize tends to gloss over the negative aspects of it.