• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lucid dreaming

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i have very vivid dreams, i dream a lot, the details are not super important but there are always a lot of adventures, the plot is super intricate and well constructed. it's weird, honestly. and the weirdest thing is that often there are quotes from famous people that i didn't know (or didn't know i know) or new pieces of information that i don't understand how my brain can fabricate (since i'm not supposed to know). oh, and i0m an enfp.

You know, it's weird, because this happens to me. Maybe it's an N-as-primary-function thing. I found out in my dream that SCUBA stood for self-contained underwater breathing apparatus when I was a kid, and then Google confirmed it. It's definitely a case of cryptomnesia, but still hella cool.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
happy to know I'm not alone in this :)
(kurtisgod = you're a nirvana fan?)
You know, it's weird, because this happens to me. Maybe it's an N-as-primary-function thing. I found out in my dream that SCUBA stood for self-contained underwater breathing apparatus when I was a kid, and then Google confirmed it. It's definitely a case of cryptomnesia, but still hella cool.

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
happy to know I'm not alone in this :)
(kurtisgod = you're a nirvana fan?)

(I was, back when I was angsty and 16. I'm 19 and slightly less angsty now. Maybe when I'm 22 my personality will be stable enough that I'll be able to pick a name without regretting it, and maybe that will coincide with my reaching 500 posts.)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:wink:
(I was, back when I was angsty and 16. I'm 19 and slightly less angsty now. Maybe when I'm 22 my personality will be stable enough that I'll be able to pick a name without regretting it, and maybe that will coincide with my reaching 500 posts.)

Doggy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
lucid dreams

I am an EFNJ; heavy on the N, balanced in the other areas.
Does anyone have experience with lucid dreams?

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an EFNJ; heavy on the N, balanced in the other areas.
Does anyone have experience with lucid dreams?

INFP here,
I've experienced alot of this, especially during stressful periods in time because my sleep gets interrupted.
I dont think this is type specific, however I' am curious if anyone has their own experiences to share or any information to show a relation to it being type wise.
My family tend to find my lucid dreaming bizarre, or maybe I never explain it clear enough. Dunno.
:shrug:

EDIT: Didn't realise there was an entire thread... :doh:

Last edited:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bump. Let's discuss.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I take back what I said in the other thread about never having lucid dreams. I have what I would call semi-lucid dreams frequently. What usually happens is I'll be half asleep before getting up in the morning, dreaming, and if something happens I don't like I will simply rewind the dream or consciously make an aspect of it disappear. I would still love to have fuller lucid dreams, though, where you wake up within the dream and walk around creating what you want.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

If you guys have any questions about LD'ing feel free to ask me in this thread or PM me if you like.

W

WhoCares

While I have always had vivid dreams, occassionally precognitive dreams and astral travel, I've yet to experience lucid dreaming.

I've tried to learn to do them but it disrupts my sleep patterns (waking multiple times in the night, dreaming seeral different dreams but always coming back into wakefulness) to such a degree that I cannot stick to them while I am working. I work shifts and getting good rest is imperative, I cant have a night where I dont sleep well. Maybe its something I will return to when I no longer work the ridiculous hours that I do.

For now I'm settling for dream interpretation over conscious control of my dreams. I'm sure its an awesome skill to have to unravelling the subconscious.

Sunny Ghost

Lucid dreaming always came on with sleep paralysis for me. Sleep paralysis came on with an inconsistent sleeping pattern. Like odd naps in the middle of the day. In order to calm the paralysis, I'd allow myself to slip into a lucid dream until regular sleep came on again.

I'm pretty certain there are exercises you can look up online to induce lucid dreaming. I've also seen lucid dreaming assignments, such as saying to yourself in your dream, "To infinity and beyond," just to see where the dream might lead you.

Lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis used to be much more common for me. These don't happen as much nowadays. Usually if I sense the paralysis coming on during a nap, I wake up instead. Doesn't matter how many times I experience it, sleep paralysis will always be scary.