User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Thread: Lucid dreaming

ThatGirl

I am very good at lucid dreaming actually. It seems to start where at some point in my dream I realize that something is off in a logical sense. From the second I realize that I am dreaming I have loads of fun. My favorite are to be continued dreams.

That seems like a good idea in theory. It's probably worth trying. However, there's some other good ones.

1. When you go to bed, tell yourself that you want to have a lucid dream in the night. After all, this is your brain! You can control it!

2. Listen to audio. Have something loop so that every once in a while you'll hear something that is loud enough for your brain to register but not loud enough to wake you up completely. Then, while awake, familiarize yourself with that sound so you know it's your que to become lucid. They probably make audio for this too.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

I used to be a lucid dreamer when I was younger (this was due to necessity though), I could remember my dreams when I woke up, I could control what I was dreaming about, and it took no effort at all.

Currently, I don't get enough sleep to be a lucid dreamer.

I've heard you could buy special blindfolds that shine a small light keeping your mind active enough to recall dreams.

MBTI
    INTP

Unfortunately I don't think I got good enough sleep last night to go lucid. I went to bed around 11 and woke up at 3:15. I was starting to have dreams at the time I woke up. My dad and I were in the car listening to cassette tapes, and I put in Chumbawamba's Tubthumper, but the song that came out at first was a song called "Cruel" by Enon. Eventually "Tubthumping" came on, but I don't think either of us were pleased to hear it. I know there was a little more, but that's all I can remember right now.

How long does it usually take to move into dream states? I'm honestly quite surprised that four hours is not long enough as it's supposedly the amount of time really needed by the brain to recover, everything else is just extra.

I've wanted to Lucid dream for a while now but suffered the same problem of not wanting to wake up in the middle of the night to improve memory recollection, I find that my recollection has improved tremedously when I accepted the fact that I dreamed plenty of times in a night.

It really is a case of "believing is seeing" which goes against current logic "seeing is believing" - This is for those people who don't think they dream.

You might as well apply that theory to all checks.

- Look at your hands since they appear funny in the dream world.
    - Mirrors are distorted
    - Lightswitches don't work.

Any other illogical things in the world? It'd be really useful to find all the ones that don't reflect reality.

On that note: I've got two questions about Lucid dreaming that I'd love to hear answers to... It's caused me to avoid them.

a) Don't you fear that you are detracting away from the message of your dream? Especially when it reflects emotional/daily occurances within your life.

b) I found myself waking up later after remembering dreams - there's also mention that you are more tired when you lucid dream as opposed to just letting the mind rest. What say people here?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Kai, you dream most frequently in your REM sleep- Rapid Eye Movement, right after you fall asleep, and right before you awake. It's more uncommon to dream in deep sleep, as the brain waves are longer and unconscious thought patterns almost stop. That's why if you wake up at like 5:30, and fall back asleep, you can usually recall a dream you had if you were to wake up against at around 6:30 or 7:00 am.

Not everyone has the power to control dreams, so what you said about looking at your hands, mirrors, and lightswitches is rare if it comes up in a lucid dream.

I have the ability to think, sometimes, in my dreams. I remember the first time this happened, I was talking to someone in my dream, and consciously trying to type them..it was really weird.

Anyways, know that most lucid dreams happen right after you fall asleep or before you wake, and you usually have numerous dreams, but we just can't recall most of them.

Happy dreaming!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Kai, you dream most frequently in your REM sleep- Rapid Eye Movement, right after you fall asleep, and right before you awake. It's more uncommon to dream in deep sleep, as the brain waves are longer and unconscious thought patterns almost stop. That's why if you wake up at like 5:30, and fall back asleep, you can usually recall a dream you had if you were to wake up against at around 6:30 or 7:00 am.
    How would this work in regards to having multiple dreams (More than 2)? Would this indicate that all the dreams occur in these two phases? Cheers.

Not everyone has the power to control dreams, so what you said about looking at your hands, mirrors, and lightswitches is rare if it comes up in a lucid dream.

I have the ability to think, sometimes, in my dreams. I remember the first time this happened, I was talking to someone in my dream, and consciously trying to type them..it was really weird.

Anyways, know that most lucid dreams happen right after you fall asleep or before you wake, and you usually have numerous dreams, but we just can't recall most of them.

Happy dreaming!
    Haha... Aww this is true. I don't really have the ability to think unless it was blatantly obvious. Usually I'm just a third person observer feelings the effects as if I were first person. Weird.

The only time I did consciously realise that I was dreaming when I saw someone that I hadn't seen in years. It was obvious in that moment that I was dreaming, that was an awesome moment. Sucks that I only started to levitate for a few seconds before waking up!! But it did feel unreal trying to fly - I could literally feel the physical effect.

read about the dream cycles. it already includes little waking phases, naturally. that's where dreams must be anchored into long term memory, as long term memory is deactivated during dream ad dreamless deep-sleep (says science, which has monitored average people ...) we just have the "knock yourself out" attitude, so we don't use the waking phase for being wakeful ie reflective. we have no intentions that are integrated into our live. just "not now, please". listening some weird hemi sync audio program is likely to awaken our intentions, when we are already awake in a technical (eeg) sense. until we get used to it.

Riva

I LOVE LUCID DREAMING. not because of lucid dreaming itself which i stopped doing once i managed to do it successfully but because i heard about lucid dreaming on star trek. i love star trek..................... and i managed to practice something which was taught in it.

if you have watched star trek you would know how hard it is to practice any of the other things. can't practice WARD DRIVE with your car could you?

anyway that being said i did manage to successfully lucid dream 2 3 times. then AS USUAL i lost interest. not because lucid dreaming is boring but because i managed to do it by which understand it.