User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Thread: Lucid dreaming

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I always have dreams with in dreams.

I have a question and no I haven't read the whole thread. But anyways what is it called when you don't know your dreaming and you have control over your actions, but you think you're awake the whole time because you don't remember falling asleep and then you realize later that their is no way that could have happened, and I wasn't drunk or on drugs either.

and I can sometimes feel things in my dreams and also taste things as well. Ooh and sometimes smells, so I don't think not being able to feel is true. Pain is less intense but it's still their, though I have woken with scratches and bruises on me from when I dream of being attacked even bite marks. So maybe I beat myself up in my sleep.
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I stand corrected.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I had another cinematic dream last night, in which I had to go to England to stop a pack of English rock stars who were also terrorists/murderers. It was very vivid; I had intensely-detailed renderings of streets, woods, even a train station. In fact, it was the Marple railway station in Greater Manchester. Best part: I've never been to Manchester, and had never seen a photo of the place until now:

Marple railway station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is pretty damn close to what I saw (it was autumn in my dream, nice color on the trees). Isn't that awesome and frightening at the same time? Also, this combination of letters figured prominently: BHOSC. Do you think that there may be some extrasensory elements to this? I get deja vu regularly, and sometimes, things that happen in my dreams end up happening in real life.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I had a dream which can only be described as the end of the (dream) world. I dreamed I had gotten to know this girl. We apparently had already been going out a while and were familiar in our relationship together.

SUDDENLY! I started to think "she looks an awful lot like my ex". Nah it's just my imagination. But the thought kept growing and it became impressed upon me that she was JUST LIKE my ex.

I was soooo glad to wake up from that nightmare.

On the topic of dreaming lucidly. I wish I could do it. I'd go flying over mountains every night....

MBTI
    yupp

I managed to wake myself from a dream. I dreamt that me and my family were in the car and my mom was smoking a cigarette and I noticed the cigarette not getting shorter and their was no smoked, but it was lit [deduced it was a dream]. then I go my mom is allergic to tobacco she wouldn't be smoking! [woke up because I realized how ridiculous the dream was, and if it's going to be that preposterous I'd want something more interesting then my mom smoking.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Default Let's go lucid dreaming!

I have been trying to lucid dream for years, but the problem is the effort it takes. It is so hard to wake up right after a dream and write it in a journal. That's always stopped me. Today I found out perhaps a better way. Every time you open a door or cross a threshold, ask yourself if you are dreaming, and confirm it. I've been doing this all day... the first many times, I forgot to, but now I am beginning to remember. All that needs to happen is for you to cross a threshold in your dream, do a reality check, and you will wake up in the dream.

I will update this thread with any progress I make... let's have us some lucid dreams.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

This is interesting. i can wake up after a nightmare pretty easy. It's usualy that one where one is trying to run really fast but is getting absolutely nowhere in ones effort. I think it even sucks more to not get anywhere more than it is scary, even at the time it was all taking place. Which brings up another wierdy. Most of the time i can't remember why i was trying to run.

Is it that you can absolutely not remember any of the cool ones?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Huh. Sounds like it might work. I'll try it too.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    This is interesting. i can wake up after a nightmare pretty easy. It's usualy that one where one is trying to run really fast but is getting absolutely nowhere in ones effort. I think it even sucks more to not get anywhere more than it is scary, even at the time it was all taking place. Which brings up another wierdy. Most of the time i can't remember why i was trying to run.

Is it that you can absolutely not remember any of the cool ones?
    It's not that I can't wake up after a dream, it's that I can't get myself to write it down. You see, you're supposed to write down everything you remember about a dream as soon as you have it. This enhances your dream recall enormously. I've been able to sustain it for a few days, and dreams get fucking crazy even after 1 night of doing it. You'll be amazed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    It's not that I can't wake up after a dream, it's that I can't get myself to write it down. You see, you're supposed to write down everything you remember about a dream as soon as you have it. This enhances your dream recall enormously. I've been able to sustain it for a few days, and dreams get fucking crazy even after 1 night of doing it. You'll be amazed.
    I've heard this before, it's wicked cool.

I dream every night and usually have pretty stellar dreams.

I really listen to my dreams, I think they predict or foreshadow something.

I kind of think of myself as my own seer or sage. It's kind of cool.

I often have dreams that foreshadow significant events in my life, and always have. I think it's apart of my Intuition.

I'll try to do this, it sounds really cool.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

techniques only help with the last bit. lucidity is for the most part a reflection or symptom of a general attitude towards life and self. not towards dreams. you cant put that in a box. this kind of attitude is usually ebbing and flowing a bit. but it's also a structural good, so sudden brain damage or intoxication might take it away. it's hard to have an influence on this attitude. there is no quick fix. it's very personal.