User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Lucid dreaming

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah for me it's just something that happens frequently. Lol the problem I've had trying to consciously wake up is that I'll sometimes "wake" into a dream. It's just faster and more reliable for me to jolt myself awake.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Yeah for me it's just something that happens frequently. Lol the problem I've had trying to consciously wake up is that I'll sometimes "wake" into a dream. It's just faster and more reliable for me to jolt myself awake.
    But why must your lucid dreaming remain naive? Why must your lucid dreaming remain uncultured?

If you were a painter with no education, you would be called a naive painter. And if you are a lucid dreamer with no education, you are called a naive lucid dreamer.

There is no need to remain naive. There is no need to remain uneducated for the rest of your life.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What is important to remember though is, when you are fully awake, to process your lucid dream through your conscious mind. That is it is very important to evaluate your dream so you can integrate it into your values and your life.

Always remember your awake mind is in charge, and your dream mind is like a delightful child.

That is, your awake mind is the responsible adult and your dream mind is like your child who needs to be looked after and understood.
    This sounds more like how I daydream. But it's still very different then actually being in a deep sleep and lucid dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    This sounds more like how I daydream. But it's still very different then actually being in a deep sleep and lucid dreaming
    Sure, daydreaming is different from lucid dreaming but it is plain you have never been trained how to do it.

But you act like an authority when your only authority is your own experience.

It's as though you don't know the limits of your own experience.

Or is it that daydreaming or lucid dreaming are merely escapes from your unpleasant life.

It seems like an awful trap to be in.

But it is comfortable to be in such a trap particularly when you have millions in the same trap with you.

Gosh, you all belong together. And you would rather belong than be free.

MBTI
    INTP

Well I can really only relay my own experiences and would never claim to be an authority on it. And as for my life it's actually pretty good. Dreams only provide me with scenarios that would be impossible in the real world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh man, sleep paralysis is scary sometimes. On one occasion I hallucinated dark figures standing in front of me talking to me. I was conscious that I was dreaming and I could see the room I was in, but there were um...additions. It generally takes a huge effort for me to will myself into waking, and that particular time was no exception.
    Oddly enough, it happened to me this morning for the first time in months. The wind must have picked up some rain and brought it through the window far enough to sprinkle me. It's certainly an interesting experience, if one of extreme constriction -- having no physical control, including that over your slowed respiratory system. Luckily, I snapped myself out quickly.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Advice: Make yourself do something that will startle you into waking up, basically convert your lucid dream to a nightmare at will lol, sounds bad but i'm sure it will work.
    hehe. I had a lucid dream that was too boring, so I got out of it by ramming my head into the wall (in the dream, of course).

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Why didn't you just make it more exciting?
    we fukin won boys

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Although I have not read the entire thread, I would like to post because I have had quite a bit of experience with strange dreams.

For example, I have dreamed in a dream in a dream in a dream, then wake up out of the respective dreams like layers. Freaks me out. Wonder if anyone else has had that? After a while, I realize the pattern, and will myself awake out of one dream, just to notice, CRAP, I must be dreaming again.

Strangely enough, I usually use logic to tell myself I am dreaming. For instance, if someone has just stabbed me, or if I have fallen from a cliff and somehow I get up and nothing hurts, I say, "Now, wait one damn minute...if this were real life, I would be DEAD, in the hospital, or in some serious PAIN!!!" Then I wake up.

Vivid dreams are nasty. I often remember them years later, like the time I dreamt I was being lead to my death by a bunch of political radicals, one of whom was my mother. Then, I arrived at a place (in my real, waking life that is) that had the same kind of tunnel that was in my dream, although I had never seen one like that before. GAHHHH!!!

One tip: Don't eat a big dinner before you go to bed, especially not one with a lot of acid or spices. You will dream weird things every time.

Another tip: IF you cannot feel anything, you are dreaming. You can never feel in dreams.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    yupp

I always have dreams with in dreams.

I have a question and no I haven't read the whole thread. But anyways what is it called when you don't know your dreaming and you have control over your actions, but you think you're awake the whole time because you don't remember falling asleep and then you realize later that their is no way that could have happened, and I wasn't drunk or on drugs either.

and I can sometimes feel things in my dreams and also taste things as well. Ooh and sometimes smells, so I don't think not being able to feel is true. Pain is less intense but it's still their, though I have woken with scratches and bruises on me from when I dream of being attacked even bite marks. So maybe I beat myself up in my sleep.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so