User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Thread: Lucid dreaming

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I had always wondered whether Lucid Dreaming makes you more tired than not.
    The most scary story was someone losing their ability to lucid dream and recall their dreams completely. Have you ever used lucid dreaming to experience 'scenarios' as a safety mechanism sort of thing? It sounds like it'd be useful for getting rid of social anxiety for example if we can will the others to behave how we'd like them to respond.
    Oh yes it could get tiring. Like I said before, often times when I gain lucidity I feel tired and go back to induced dreaming. At this point I wake up and wanders around and and and .............. realize I am dreaming again .

The tiring part would be creating the imagery. Creating imagery (scenario) is no hard task while awake. But when one is tired and asleep the last thing one would want to do it start thinking again.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Oh yes it could get tiring. Like I said before, often times when I gain lucidity I feel tired and go back to induced dreaming. At this point I wake up and wanders around and and and .............. realize I am dreaming again .

The tiring part would be creating the imagery. Creating imagery (scenario) is no hard task while awake. But when one is tired and asleep the last thing one would want to do it start thinking again.
    I never have to create scenarios when i go into lucid dreaming, the scenario continues being the same than what it was before the dream turned into lucid. Also i never feel more tired after lucid dreams, but it might be because they usually doesent last for long or maybe its because i dont have to create stuff.

However my INTJ friend told me that this is the case in his lucid dreams. First time he experienced lucid dream, it started from totally dark place(no floor or anything, just floating), nothing there but him, naturally he freaked out totally, but was able to start creating stuff.

@Kai about that defence thing, it doesent happen to me. However, the firsr lucid dreams that i remember was with these continuous bad dreams(me and my cousins had to fight/win by outsmarting these three witches) when i was something between 5 and 10. Or actually they werent bad dreams, but the dreams started out scary, but once i realized it was a dream, i was able to beat them, as i knew it was just a dream and it was fun and exciting
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I don't remember many of my dreams, but this happens when a nightmare is extreme. I'm somehow aware of it, as if it's real danger, and then the dream takes a comical turn. Like a monstrous hulk gets reduced to a midget sidekick and then he gets involved in a new adventure with me. Or I rip things apart, and limbs are hanging from the trees. Something final like that.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I dunno, based on many of the comments, I think I must lucid dream fairly often - if it means being aware you're dreaming and kind of enjoying the ride. I often have dreams where I feel like I am consciously making decisions.. like, where I'm navigating to, being highly aware of what's going on, not wanting to wake up, every now and then I have one of my 'flying dreams' where I decide I need to fly and I do so, seeing the landscape below (my dreams can be very fantastical/color-visually oriented), things like that. Occasionally with more sensory-type dreams (...lol), moving my body in the dream to initiate sensations that I actually feel.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I dunno, based on many of the comments, I think I must lucid dream fairly often - if it means being aware you're dreaming and kind of enjoying the ride. I often have dreams where I feel like I am consciously making decisions.. like, where I'm navigating to, being highly aware of what's going on, every now and then I have one of my 'flying dreams' where I decide I need to fly and I do so, things like that. Occasionally with more sensory-type dreams (...lol), moving my body in the dream to initiate sensations that I actually feel.
    Its not about feeling like you are making conscious decisions, its about being aware that you are dreaming
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Its not about feeling like you are making conscious decisions, its about being aware that you are dreaming
    Right.. and I said that I'm aware I'm dreaming in my first sentence. Just added other things along with it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Right.. and I said that I'm aware I'm dreaming in my first sentence. Just added other things along with it.
    I really appreciated the ".. " after "Right".

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I dream a LOT, it feels like it goes on all night. Sometimes life melds into dreams or visa versa and I forget which is what, though in the dream I can often tell I'm dreaming.. Sometimes I have random conversations in my dream in my head about dreaming. Like "OH YEAH, I already had this dream it's a continuation of that old dream! Or wait... Was that real? I think I'm not sure about that when I'm awake either. I can probably figure it out easier when I'm awake. Oh well!" (Jumps and goes flying). I love lucid dream flying and lucid dream deep sea diving.. Or my favorite, lucid dream deep space exploration. Sometimes if I'm stuck in someplace boring I just act destructive or ask the characters if there is an underlying meaning to the dream or things that they could tell me in general. Or sometimes I think I'm just "thinking" or having an intense daydream but am often cognizant when it's not real. I have so many dreams that I tend to be one of those, "I had a dream once that blah blah blah blah" kind of people. In which case people always respond, "how do you remember your dreams so much??" or some other form of "shortie you are weird" kind of comment.

Edit: I've attributed a lot of my personality to using the right side of my brain heavily more than MBTI.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Edit: I've attributed a lot of my personality to using the right side of my brain heavily more than MBTI.
    ...which correlates to MBTI. J = left brain; P = right brain
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't remember many of my dreams, but this happens when a nightmare is extreme. I'm somehow aware of it, as if it's real danger, and then the dream takes a comical turn. Like a monstrous hulk gets reduced to a midget sidekick and then he gets involved in a new adventure with me. Or I rip things apart, and limbs are hanging from the trees. Something final like that.
    I find myself doing this, too. I'll wake up during the night because of a disturbing dream. It's like I always know in the back of my mind that I'm lucid dreaming, and I'll be prepared to do things like wake myself up or fly if something scary happens. I wonder why it works like this.