User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Thread: Lucid dreaming

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    91?

Aaaagh this makes me want to lucid dream so much! My dreams are often so boring and vague, where, for example, I know that something is a color but can't see the color itself.

I think I've only had some near-conscious dreams, where I recognize that I can change one component of a dream - such as, when someone is about to kill me, I decide that isn't going to happen after all. And often I vaguely know that I'm dreaming. In those dreams, when I'm sneaking about buildings and such, I hide where normal people would see my legs sticking out but I know no one is going to react. But real lucid dreaming? No. I used to write down all my dreams every night, trying to have lucid dreams. Maybe I should start trying again.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    91?

Oh man! I just realized this has happened to me, from here http://inducingluciddreams.com/how-t...ream-tonight/:

Something you may notice as you are falling asleep are images on the back of your eyelids. First these will appear as lighted abstract shapes. You may see these changing shapes start to take form and turn into recognizable scenes or objects. These are known as hypnogogic images or hypnogogic hallucinations. This is part of a technique called WILD. Try not to control these. Just let them do what they are going to do. Your mind will start to fill in the blanks on it’s own. Just try to roll with it. If you catch this moment just right, you may be able to jump right into a lucid dream, but don’t be disappointed if you don’t make it. This takes some getting used to. You still have plenty of opportunity while dreaming to experience lucidity.
    That is so awesome. It's only happened once or twice, but it was amazing how effortless it was.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I usually have very vivid, long and amazing dreams. Often they are lucid or partially lucid. They are amazing. I've done this my whole life. Lots of Broadway shows going on lately at the end of my dreams. The characters break out into a song, which is awesome lucid, because you know this big song and production is coming from your own mind. Lately some nights I live in New York city, kind of an ongoing and detailed one with a lot of motivating and inspiring undertones to it. Have lucidly noticed that I'm doing a lot of floating on boards in the water. "I'm floating on a board again tonight, I gotta google this when I wake up." Yesterday some lucid space exploration which I commanded the mind to do as I fell asleep.

I know that people don't like to hear about other people's dreams, but a lot of times I can't help it, the lucid dream life is wayyyyy more exciting than the waking life. I don't know where this natural ability came from, but if you can train your mind to do the same, I would highly recommend it.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I usually have very vivid, long and amazing dreams. Often they are lucid or partially lucid. They are amazing. I've done this my whole life. Lots of Broadway shows going on lately at the end of my dreams. The characters break out into a song, which is awesome lucid, because you know this big song and production is coming from your own mind. Lately some nights I live in New York city, kind of an ongoing and detailed one with a lot of motivating and inspiring undertones to it. Have lucidly noticed that I'm doing a lot of floating on boards in the water. "I'm floating on a board again tonight, I gotta google this when I wake up." Yesterday some lucid space exploration which I commanded the mind to do as I fell asleep.

I know that people don't like to hear about other people's dreams, but a lot of times I can't help it, the lucid dream life is wayyyyy more exciting than the waking life. I don't know where this natural ability came from, but if you can train your mind to do the same, I would highly recommend it.
    What was the most memorable thing you did while dreaming?

I lucid dream all the time, I love it! Especially when the dreams are beautifully epic and filled with symbolic meaning. God I sound like a hippy . Usually my dreams are just straight up weird...
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    What was the most memorable thing you did while dreaming?
    Lucid flying still takes the cake. Do it all the time, but it's always the best.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've been lucid a few times.

What's interesting is that, in a dream, if you ask anyone if you're dreaming they always say no. It's funny...
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't know where this natural ability came from, but if you can train your mind to do the same, I would highly recommend it.
    Do you have any routines you practice as you're falling asleep?

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    What's interesting is that, in a dream, if you ask anyone if you're dreaming they always say no. It's funny...
    That's kind of funny, but also strangely creepy.

If you look at a digital clock, the numbers will be scrambled. I've also heard that if you flip light switches, the lights will not turn on or off, but rather remain as they were.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    Do you have any routines you practice as you're falling asleep?
    Not really. Last night as I drifted off, I thought- "have lucid dreams!" and fell asleep. (Because of the thread.) Sometime in the middle of the night I had a hilarious one where I was standing in some hotel hallway and then realized I was dreaming and screamed. "HEY! I'M LUCID DREAMING!!!!" and started running down the halls and pounding on everyone's door and screaming like a crazy woman because I knew I wouldn't get in trouble. (The rest of the dream was kind of sad, but was still lucid, and remembered the thread.) I think it's just some brain area that I can access easily. Also talk and occasionally walk in my sleep and some other stuff. I know that there are ways to access it though.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    I've been lucid a few times.

That's not what happens to me. I tell them I'm dreaming and they always act a little hurt at finding out that they don't really exist, but begrudgingly agree and often say that they wished I would sleep and dream them up more often. (and some other random responses.)

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.