• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which specific compliments rub you the wrong way?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just mean it would be healthy to develop those tertiary and inferior functions to add to a persons strengths. Like... maybe you could benefit in your personal world by developing more Si/Fe.

I know I would benefit from more Ni/Te to supplement my Fi/Se.

I think my Fe is pretty developped already in many aspects of my life (not all). But I think I developped it in a way that doesn't require me to leave the comforts that are Ti and Ne.

My Fe is noticable all over this forum though. Fe is the teacher that slumbers within me.

edit: Just thought about this and I think it is my Fe that largely decides where I focus my Ti and Ne on.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
edit: Just thought about this and I think it is my Fe that largely decides where I focus my Ti and Ne on.
Cool -- I'm the same way, but with Fi and Te. Fi is what aims the Te Sword of Justice. ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok when someone calls you nice, are they implying you're boring?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Possibly, but the person saying it could also be boring for handing such a cheap compliment.
^ Agreed.

I forgot that another one that REALLY bothers me is "you seem chill" -- for the same reason (namely, b o r i n g)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Agreed.

I forgot that another one that REALLY bothers me is "you seem chill" -- for the same reason (namely, b o r i n g)

Aw no chill is a really good compliment. Just means yer not uptight.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

^ Agreed.

If I say someone is chill, it doesn't mean I think they're boring. ^ What [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] said.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Aw no chill is a really good compliment. Just means yer not uptight.
I guess it depends on who's calling me chill... I like it from friends and acquaintances, but there's something about hearing it from guys that really bothers me...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess it depends on who's calling me chill... I like it from friends and acquaintances, but there's something about hearing it from guys that really bothers me...

Hm that's kinda interesting actually. Do you think it's because you like to be perceived as like motivated and like having done a lot?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm that's kinda interesting actually. Do you think it's because you like to be perceived as like motivated and like having done a lot?
I think it's because it's so incredibly common, and commonly misused -- especially when guys are trying to call THEMSELVES chill in an attempt to attract girls, regardless of whether or not those guys are actually chill. The term not only becomes boring, but it loses almost all of its meaning.

/is basing most of this off of OkCupid

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's because it's so incredibly common, and commonly misused -- especially when guys are trying to call THEMSELVES chill in an attempt to attract girls, regardless of whether or not those guys are actually chill. The term not only becomes boring, but it loses almost all of its meaning.

/is basing most of this off of OkCupid

I find your raw rebellious nature to quantify and validate the various aspects of your life to be invigorating, inspiring and refreshing. You are much to dynamic to be called chill.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find your raw rebellious nature to quantify and validate the various aspects of your life to be invigorating, inspiring and refreshing. You are much to dynamic to be called chill.
Floating Duck Syndrome: calm above water, paddling like crazy underneath.

(Also, thank you. :heart: )

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Having the chance to submerge myself in the inner workings of one so unique is a privilege. There is no need for thanks!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Having the chance to submerge myself in the inner workings of one so unique is a privilege. There is no need for thanks!
:)

I suppose there's no way most of you folks could know this (except those of you who have friended me on Facebook), but I am much more reserved irl. Not that I'm shy, or anything, but the vast majority of things I post on my blog are things I would tell only my closest friends and family irl. I'm forthcoming on the blog because I decided why not treat it like a safe space? -- so, keeping that in mind, feedback like this is just about the best validation I could possibly get. Validation on things that I keep in 99% of the time.

/sappy derail

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:)

I suppose there's no way most of you folks could know this (except those of you who have friended me on Facebook), but I am much more reserved irl. Not that I'm shy, or anything, but the vast majority of things I post on my blog are things I would tell only my closest friends and family irl. I'm forthcoming on the blog because I decided why not treat it like a safe space? -- so, keeping that in mind, feedback like this is just about the best validation I could possibly get. Validation on things that I keep in 99% of the time.

/sappy derail

The same holds true for me and probably most of us here. That is why I love this place. It gives us insight in people that would otherwise not share that insight with others apart from in the most intimate of situations. Not that it wouldn't be nice to learn someone like this in the most intimate way known to man, but I believe that is reserved for a specific few in ones life.

gromit

likes this
Yes [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and @ Fluffywolf... me too probably.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
Any general compliment like "You're so smart" and whatnot rub me the wrong way. I want to know specifically why you think that. Also, being called cute is a no. To me, it sounds like the person is talking to a kid or a dog.

G

garbage

Any general compliment like "You're so smart" and whatnot rub me the wrong way. I want to know specifically why you think that.
I couldn't come up with an answer to this thread until I read this. Same here.