User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I generally like being complimented. I suppose I like to have my ego brushed. But I don't always know how to accept compliments. I am usually touched by genuinely, thought out compliments. When it's said like they truly meant it. Some people just hand out compliments like candy, and I never really think too much about those. But I've had some compliments haunt me. In a good way.

The only time I had a compliment rub me the wrong way, was when I was interested in this guy and all he had to say to me was that he thought I was attractive. It hurt me because he had no compliment about my personality or intellect. Like I was nothing more than just this face.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Hahaha. I can kind of imagine that actually. Cracks me up.

Hm. I have no idea. His conception of himself is that he is soooo rational, but I kind of think, in terms of his philosophies about life and the world, he has a hard time communicating it in a clear manner. He's really really intelligent, his life has not really followed a linear trajectory. I have thought at times maybe ENFP but I honestly have no idea and am the world's worst typist.
    Not much to go on but could be INTP, all the way down to having trouble wording his philosophies in a clear manner. The stuff in our heads is always so intense, it's pretty hard to suddenly streamline it out through speech on the spot unless we've prepared for it before hand.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I generally like being complimented. I suppose I like to have my ego brushed. But I don't always know how to accept compliments. I am usually touched by genuine thought out compliments. Some people just hand out compliments like candy, and I never really think too much about those. But I've had some compliments haunt me. In a good way.
    Yeah I think I know what you mean about liking compliments but not being so good at accepting them always.

The only time I had a compliment rub me the wrong way, was when I was interested in this guy and all he had to say to me was that he thought I was attractive. It hurt me because he had no compliment about my personality or intellect. Like I was nothing more than just this face.
    oh don't you worry your pretty little head over that...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Not much to go on but could be INTP, all the way down to having trouble wording his philosophies in a clear manner. The stuff in our heads is always so intense, it's pretty hard to suddenly streamline it out through speech on the spot unless we've prepared for it before hand.
    Yeah I could see maybe that too.

I kind of have it narrowed down to NP because I honestly can't see him being anything besides those two letters at least. He likes math and numbers because they are objective, doesn't think of himself as good with words or a "people person", and yet he can be terribly charming with people and they seem to be drawn to his quirkiness and open demeanor. He worked in computer science and also started a successful home remodeling business.

The main thing that ever frustrates me about interacting with him is that I kind of feel like he fixates on particular ideas though, and sort of sees everything through these conceptions, even if the "data" in my perspective doesn't fit those conceptions... he makes it fit how he views the world. Probably we all do it to some extent of course, confirmation bias or whatever it's called. But it seems like he is really into having these narrative concepts about the world where everything fits into his interpretation of how things are.

I appreciate your perspective. I kind of feel like everyone in my family is kind of ambiguous in terms of typing (although it could also be just me too haha)
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I appreciate your perspective. I kind of feel like everyone in my family is kind of ambiguous in terms of typing (although it could also be just me too haha)
    I find that the older people get, the harder they become to type. I am oblivious to my mothers type for example. Apart from the fact she is J. My father is more of an open book though, but I think he still has a ways to mature. LOL!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Yeah I think I know what you mean about liking compliments but not being so good at accepting them always.

oh don't you worry your pretty little head over that...
    lol. Thanks, gromit.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I find that the older people get, the harder they become to type. I am oblivious to my mothers type for example. Apart from the fact she is J. My father is more of an open book though, but I think he still has a ways to mature. LOL!
    Yes, definitely. I think this is a positive thing, because it means the person has developed the weaker aspects.
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Yes, definitely. I think this is a positive thing, because it means the person has developed the weaker aspects.
    I think I am destined to never lose my INTPness though, and I think that is also a positive thing.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

You know, I've experienced the the same thing.
    I'll have a clear feeling of what I want to say, maybe even some words...but if I am being serious about something at all, it comes out in jumbles. I have a very active, intense, mental life...and my babbling and stuttering don't do it justice...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I think I am destined to never lose my INTPness though, and I think that is also a positive thing.
    I just mean it would be healthy to develop those tertiary and inferior functions to add to a persons strengths. Like... maybe you could benefit in your personal world by developing more Si/Fe.

I know I would benefit from more Ni/Te to supplement my Fi/Se.
    -John Green