User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

how do you not know how to be bored? sometimes being not bored isn't an option.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Pretty much this.

When there's some very distracting external stimuli, though, it's hard for me to tune it out and concentrate on doing something more interesting in my head. Then I get bored

I also have way too acute eyesight and hearing, so even a lil' but of external stimuli can be very distracting.
    I am the master of tuning everything out and becoming wholly absorbed in my thoughts while externally displaying resting bitchface. Years of practice.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Sinmara View Post
    I am the master of tuning everything out and becoming wholly absorbed in my thoughts while externally displaying resting bitchface. Years of practice.
    I'm overwhelmed with jealousy

Although, I sometimes carry earplugs around. I have a pair sitting at my desk right now. They are a godsend.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Once bored, it won't take long before I seek and find something to put my mind to.

However, sometimes I also enjoy a little daydreaming. In which case not much is going to be done.

Still, whatever the case, I am rarily bored for very long.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    People who can't handle boredom. What is their deal?

I'm not saying boredom is great or anything, but for just a little bit of it drive them crazy????
    This is why my purse weighs so much.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Yeah, I can't handle boredom. It makes me want to cry and throw tantrums. Sometimes, it actually makes me cry and throw tantrums.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Sinmara View Post
    I don't get bored. If I'm not interested in what is happening, my eyes will glaze over and I'll just do something more interesting in my head.
    But what if you have to pay attention to the boring stimulus? Let's say a boring lecture/textbook.

During class, I've resorted to rudely using my phone to browse the interwebs while half listening to the lecture in order to stay awake. However, I'm sure that doesn't put me in a great relationship with the professors.

On another random note, I've nicknamed one of my boring professors "Noodles."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    But what if you have to pay attention to the boring stimulus? Let's say a boring lecture/textbook.

During class, I've resorted to rudely using my phone to browse the interwebs while half listening to the lecture in order to stay awake. However, I'm sure that doesn't put me in a great relationship with the professors.

On another random note, I've nicknamed one of my boring professors "Noodles."
    Aha, noodles.

I do what you do. I half-listen. It's common to use a laptop in class, so I fart around on the internet or do work for other classes if the teacher is covering something I already know or don't find useful. For example, my medical communications class has been covering grammar. Snore. Medical terminology homework instead.

If I miss anything from the half-listening, the classmates I sit next to fill me in. I do the same for them.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i've recently realized this "fear" of being bored is behind most of my anger issues. i mean...not that i have anger issues haha but when i get mad for seemingly no reason. it's usually because something occurred that ended up making me be really bored.

i'm not bored when i'm at home doing nothing. i'm not usually bored eating alone somewhere public...but get me alone somewhere with no way to entertain myself...like my phone dies or something...or i'm waiting for someone or something..oh dear god....i hate to wait. maybe it's not the boredom factor as much as it is the being stuck factor...i need to be able to escape the boringness.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i've recently realized this "fear" of being bored is behind most of my anger issues. i mean...not that i have anger issues haha but when i get mad for seemingly no reason. it's usually because something occurred that ended up making me be really bored.

i'm not bored when i'm at home doing nothing. i'm not usually bored eating alone somewhere public...but get me alone somewhere with no way to entertain myself...like my phone dies or something...or i'm waiting for someone or something..oh dear god....i hate to wait. maybe it's not the boredom factor as much as it is the being stuck factor...i need to be able to escape the boringness.
    This is an interesting phenomenon that I've never heard of before. Is it common for people to become angry when bored?