• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are psychologists worth it?

Raven Eyed Pantomime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
eh? So you can't prove the value of psychology... OK.. maybe you need meds if you don't accept others hold opinions...

First, quote me if you want my attention. You we're lucky I stumbled over this "reply" (not commenting on the actual value of said post, nor the qualifications that tilts reply from diarrhoea hitting the keys of your keyboard.)

I accept that you harbour opinions, they're like assholes most of us got them. In return you should acknowledge my understanding of said "opinion" instead of just keep regurgitating it over and over and over, much like the trend you've clung to in this thread like the [lovely person] that you are.

Pro tip: An opinion doesn't gain validity by quantity.

Last edited by a moderator:

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=1395]ama[/MENTION]rmith And you need a "shrink" frankly. You don't seem to get how modern society is structured and project your subjective biases as objective fact. Part of "mental health" is acknoweldging and comprehending one's environment (and this is supported by proven research, not personal belief). So yeah, why is your subjective view superior to mine? lol..

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
First, quote me if you want my attention. You we're lucky I stumbled over this "reply" (not commenting on the actual value of said post, nor the qualifications that tilts reply from diarrhoea hitting the keys of your keyboard.)

I accept that you harbour opinions, they're like assholes most of us got them. In return you should acknowledge my understanding of said "opinion" instead of just keep regurgitating it over and over and over, much like the trend you've clung to in this thread like the [lovely person] that you are.

Pro tip: An opinion doesn't gain validity by quantity.

er.. no, it's clear you're not normal since you don't get how others have opinions. And attention? lol... who are you exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, you simply cited how psychology is nonsense and doesn't have the same ethics/principles of other medical branches.

And it is arbitrary, you people merely select to treat clients on random whims. Hence you all at random select murderers as "ill" and rapists as not. hmm.. whatever... Is this in the DSM, but yeah, the DSM V doesn't matter does it? lol..

Hon, if you wanna rant at the world and not use psychology coz you don't trust it, be my guest. But at this point, as interesting a threads as you start - and I do give you props there - and as interesting a questions as you ask in those threads, you don't seem to be willing to discuss them or even be open to anything that might not fit into the pov of your already made up mind. And that makes conversation, those threads and anything else you could contribute to an otherwise very interesting exchange of povs pretty much moot.

I get it, you're stuck in your own mind, and trying to figure out how things work together - your Ti, I presume - and challenge everything in an attempt to subject it to the necessary scrutiny. You also reek of pain, anger, frustration and loneliness, I might add, so you could certainly benefit from what psychology has to offer - but only after you've wrapped your head around it. I hope you do, I really do, coz it will be a relief to you, and I hope you keep trying to figure it out. But at this point you're kind of strangling your own threads.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Hon, if you wanna rant at the world and not use psychology coz you don't trust it, be my guest. But at this point, as interesting a threads as you start - and I do give you props there - and as interesting a questions as you ask in those threads, you don't seem to be willing to discuss them or even be open to anything that might not fit into the pov of your already made up mind. And that makes conversation, those threads and anything else you could contribute to an otherwise very interesting exchange of povs pretty much moot.

I get it, you're stuck in your own mind, and trying to figure out how things work together - your Ti, I presume - and challenge everything in an attempt to subject it to the necessary scrutiny. You also reek of pain, anger, frustration and loneliness, I might add, so you could certainly benefit from what psychology has to offer - but only after you've wrapped your head around it. I hope you do, I really do, coz it will be a relief to you, and I hope you keep trying to figure it out. But at this point you're kind of strangling your own threads.

er.. yeah, I say that psychology is bad, so yeah you don't tolerate the opinions of others. haha.. got it..

I simply know you are lying, I can sense it. You say psychology is impartial, but I know for a fact that it doesn't. And you tell me to be "benevolent" yet you supposedly mock me for being "lonely and in pain" lol.. whatever..

Raven Eyed Pantomime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
er.. no, it's clear you're not normal since you don't get how others have opinions. And attention? lol... who are you exactly?

So you do understand how the quote system operates. Hubris is my repeating sin.

Normal, I'm observing the term from a gods eye view. And you my dear look a lot like most ants does.

Also, Attention!

Who I am, do you refer to an existential sense or are you just stalling yet again?

2i8eyqp.jpg

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
So you do understand how the quote system operates. Hubris is my repeating sin.

Normal, I'm observing the term from a gods eye view. And you my dear look a lot like most ants does.

Also, Attention!

Who I am, do you refer to an existential sense or are you just stalling yet again?

2i8eyqp.jpg

eh whatever dude... You clearly don't accept others' views, so yeah, you're wise and learned haha..

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
lol.. I don't care again, but yeah I can sense in both you and Ms. psychologist that you don't yet yoyou porfess great "wisdom" lol..

I'm done, I have more important things to do.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
er.. yeah, I say that psychology is bad, so yeah you don't tolerate the opinions of others. haha.. got it..

I simply know you are lying, I can sense it. You say psychology is impartial, but I know for a fact that it doesn't. And you tell me to be "benevolent" yet you supposedly mock me for being "lonely and in pain" lol.. whatever..

:)

I shared an observation with you. I have no interest in mocking people who are in pain, or who seem angry as they tend to need a helping hand and a modicum of compassion, not more pain and isolation. I also have nothing to gain in mocking you, as my goal is to establish a bridge of communication - not exactly something mocking is conducive to :)

I'll add trust and fear to the bunch though. You seem to be struggling with things that a young NTP tends to struggle with. Hopefully you'll find your way out of it :)

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
:)

I shared an observation with you. I have no interest in mocking people who are in pain, or who seem angry as they tend to need a helping hand and a modicum of compassion, not more pain and isolation. I also have nothing to gain in mocking you, as my goal is to establish a bridge of communication - not exactly something mocking is conducive to :)

I'll add trust and fear to the bunch though. You seem to be struggling with things that a young NTP tends to struggle with. Hopefully you'll find your way out of it :)

And my observation is that you don't get society. And you support medical abuse but would most likely balk at abuse in other social contexts haha..

Whatever your comical double standards make for a good laugh... As for NTP, well know because MBTI is nonsense of the highest order.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's interesting..I wonder if more Ti-doms experience exploring who they are and addressing their core issues as abusive...or is it just that you ve found a counsellor that really does not jive/do his job with you :thinking:

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
what is ti-dom? And why are you expressing values? We all have values, and? What is your point?

I'm just stating my opinion on the issue. Psychology is a fraud, and I suspect that you are a psychologist and are "offended" by what I say/comment. I'm voicing my opinion, who says I cannot? You're essentially proving my point, you're being highly partial based on some baseless "reality" of humans. And if you think I'm not "warming" to you, hmm... I doubt many on this site do nor have to "warm" to others, but then yeah... selection is key, right? lol.:)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what is ti-dom? And why are you expressing values? We all have values, and? What is your point?

I'm just stating my opinion on the issue. Psychology is a fraud, and I suspect that you are a psychologist and are "offended" by what I say/comment. I'm voicing my opinion, who says I cannot? You're essentially proving my point, you're being highly partial based on some baseless "reality" of humans. And if you think I'm not "warming" to you, hmm... I doubt many on this site do nor have to "warm" to others, but then yeah... selection is key, right? lol.:)

Actually, Im a translator by trade. Russian, Dutch and English. I do have a cat behavioral therapist degree on top of that. I'm intrigued, not offended. As I said, your topics and threads have been of interest, your reactionary and defensive replies so far however...were less so. But I see the potential there. I have no qualms with you expressing an opinion, only perhaps the fact that you re not expressing it in the most efficient way in order to keep the conversation flowing - but that is your choice and your right.

I'm intrigued in psychology because I was able to wield it to my own advantage. While I too did not like the idea of having someone else poke around in my head, I enjoyed using the principles to help me out at a time in my life when I needed help. So I sort of relate, I suppose.

And I'm expressing values coz I'm an Fi-user. It's my identity and my way of communicating. I don't know how to really use Ti - another reason Im talking to you, I suppose...i've been trying to figure it out. It would seem you have the same yet opposite effect - you seem unable to value or appreciate Fi, or see how to use it. And fi tends to be mighty handy wrt to applying the principles of psychology to yourself (granted, so can Fe, but does so in a different way).

Lastly, I actually have no interest in making you 'warm' to me. I'm in this for my own curiosity. Don't worry, it'll fade soon enough

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't believe that, but then I don't really need to. As for Fi, Fe, Ti, meh, I don't really care.:)

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't believe that, but then I don't really need to. As for Fi, Fe, Ti, meh, I don't really care.:)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:shrug: True. Must be nerve-racking to live like that though.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Live like what? Yes, not believing in a psychological theory is evil, right?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, I meant being so isolated due to believing everyone by default lies to you. You've told me three times now, I think, that you don't believe me. Sounds exhausting to me, to constantly keep that kind of shield up between you and others, and automatically assume people will lie to you. For that matter, it doesn't make sense; I have no good motivation to lie to you, so it is a waste of energy.

Anycase, as fun as this was, time for bed :offtobed:

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
er.. I don't know you. So I have no reason to believe you.