User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 206

  1. #161
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    They are - provided you find one who is able to make you feel comfortable and open you up so you can actually do the work that is needed.
    Would you say that a particular personality type would assist such comfortability?

  2. #162
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Would you say that a particular personality type would assist such comfortability?
    One could hypothesise that an ENTP perhaps feels more comfortable with an INFJ, whereas an ENTJ perhaps prefers an INFP for his shrink. And I think the same could probably be true for the sensors. Though I think maturity and wisdom-level of the shrink as well as expertise in his or her profession probably counts for more.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #163
    Senior Member danseen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    A good therapist is worth his/her weight in gold, IMO. Some are good and some aren't. Some are good for some people and not for others and good for dealing with some issues and not others. I got a lot of help from one that specialized in cognitive therapy. Another one I went to, I would have sworn she got her license from a cereal box.
    I disagree.

    If there are symptoms, then it lends to there being a checklist. Not some idiot's view of who warrants rights or privilege or not. This is what most of "these people" do.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

    Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

  4. #164
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Would you say that a particular personality type would assist such comfortability?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    One could hypothesise that an ENTP perhaps feels more comfortable with an INFJ, whereas an ENTJ perhaps prefers an INFP for his shrink. And I think the same could probably be true for the sensors. Though I think maturity and wisdom-level of the shrink as well as expertise in his or her profession probably counts for more.
    I wonder what types are most common for therapists. Probably not ISTJs.

    It can't be a mistake that INFJ is so often called the "counselor" type. I could imagine my therapist being an INFJ. She's been most helpful in areas of relationship dynamics. I'd assume that's because she does couples therapy as well, and is a bit older, so has lots of experience with the subject.

    Interestingly, I've talked personality types with her in the past and she knows little to nothing about it.

  5. #165
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Giant View Post
    I wonder what types are most common for therapists. Probably not ISTJs.

    It can't be a mistake that INFJ is so often called the "counselor" type. I could imagine my therapist being an INFJ. She's been most helpful in areas of relationship dynamics. I'd assume that's because she does couples therapy as well, and is a bit older, so has lots of experience with the subject.

    Interestingly, I've talked personality types with her in the past and she knows little to nothing about it.
    MBTI is not exactly part of the psychologists curriculum. I worked at some point for a bunch of shrinks - though they were the kind that companies hire to evaluate job applicants for certain positions. While I was there, they got certified in MBTI because a customer of theirs wanted them too - and they knew little to nothing about it before that, and afterwards they knew all there was to about the theory but were unconvinced of its usefulness - aka, they just did it coz thats what the customer desired.

    Oh and their types? The boss with 20+ years experience was ESFJ, and his team consisted of an ESTJ and two ISTJs. Their regular secretary was also ESFJ.

    It was...weird talking psychology wit them. They knew everything they needed to know and were good at their jobs, no doubt. But it was a lot more focused on lists than on instinct, from what I could tell - with the exception of the lead guy. Apparently his ESFJ si-database allowed him to rely somewhat on his Ne and intuit stuff stuff, though he still preferred facts. I remember finding it bizarre that they'd want to become psychologists in the first place, but truth be told, the kind of company they were running was..well, perfect for SJs. Deadlines, rules, regs, specific traits to be listed and analysed and proposals to make to companies. They rocked it.

    I used to play little mind games with the ESFJ boss, back and forth, and he occasionally came to discuss a case with me when he was unsure about something and needed to talk it through. Good times.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #166
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I used to play little mind games with the ESFJ boss, back and forth, and he occasionally came to discuss a case with me when he was unsure about something and needed to talk it through. Good times.
    Ha! That sounds like it was really funny.

  7. #167
    Senior Member danseen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    bAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    So I'm a bad person because I don't believe in metaphysical concepts? lololol... whatever, dude... yes, I don't believe in things that cannot be proven, or may not exist as persons believe, yeah, I'm worse than Stalin..
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

    Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

  8. #168
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    As long as you do it without harming others, you do what you want. And yes, you should foster your own beliefs. Psychologists can help you on your journey through life though because they can help you address any blockages or inefficient coping mechanisms and make you aware of them, so that you can replace them and make your life, your psyche and your ability to deal with life more efficient and resilient. Think of it as pimping out your car, or upgrading your computer to be able to play the newest games.

    But again, you need the right psychologist for that - and a cooperative patient who actually sees the value in what he is there to do for that matter. Kinda like you go to a ferrari auto shop in order to put in a new engine as it is a speciality brand.

    ..does that at all help?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #169
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    The biggest benefit from my therapist, the thing that makes her worth it, is that she's someone I can bounce ideas off of. Talking to her lets me see my own blindness, in a sense. I can come into her office, sit down, have a cup of tea, and say "everything was great this week" and then explain how shitty my week was and then go, "OK, it was kind of a bad week. I need to fix this." On the surface, you might think that means anyone could be sitting there, but everything she does and says presents an environment where I can do this kind of thing. I can't tell my friends everything because they're invested in some of it, and are likely to change the data due to that personal investment, corrupting my ability to change things in my life for my own benefit.

  10. #170
    Senior Member danseen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    As long as you do it without harming others, you do what you want. And yes, you should foster your own beliefs. Psychologists can help you on your journey through life though because they can help you address any blockages or inefficient coping mechanisms and make you aware of them, so that you can replace them and make your life, your psyche and your ability to deal with life more efficient and resilient. Think of it as pimping out your car, or upgrading your computer to be able to play the newest games.

    But again, you need the right psychologist for that - and a cooperative patient who actually sees the value in what he is there to do for that matter. Kinda like you go to a ferrari auto shop in order to put in a new engine as it is a speciality brand.

    ..does that at all help?
    What are coping mechanisms? And what is harming others? Many people harm others and are not ill. So if there is some arbitrary selection, then this means it's an evil practice. And most people in my society don't believe in metaphysical stuff, so yeah, following social norms is evil....
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

    Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] People, worth it or not?
    By murkrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
  2. how picky are you when it comes to alcohol?
    By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 05:55 PM
  3. [INFJ] Is the Truth Worth It?
    By fill in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 11:41 PM
  4. Medschool/doctor path... Im not sure that its worth it anymore.
    By Venom in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 01:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO