User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    May I inquire further in what context your former psychologist said "you deserve to beaten up and harassed"? How does the PC agenda fit into this?
    Er.. it was meant to disparage, but then it shows the nature of "those people".

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    How strange. Here we have a site devoted to psychology yet we are questioning the worth of psychologists.

Psychologists are trained to empathize. No one here empathizes, the best we get is sympathy.

Frankly, I think it is those who won't do therapy who criticize psychologists.
    OK.

So I'd bet dollars to donuts that you know many university aged people who do as I said. do you label them as "ill" by the criteria I gave in my OP? If not, why not?

So essentially then, you condone selection of illness based on arbitrary criteria. and would balk like mad if it happened to you haha...

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    Er.. it was meant to disparage, but then it shows the nature of "those people".
    He meant it to disparage "those people" as in you?

I am not sure I followed.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

No, he said it to disparage me. but i don't care in the end, since it shows the kind of people they are.

MBTI
    INTP

yes, those people as in the psychologists and psychiatrists.

People call it bad, but I don't like them as they don't add much value to the world around them.

MBTI
    INTP

My honest belief here, based on your post above here and all others is this:

- You're all psychologists and are "offended" at my comments
    - You metaphysically believe that you hold some "right" to party at college, yet you cannot prove this
    - You think psychologists hold a right to mistreat people, again by pushing your subjective values onto others who don't need to care about them....
    - You think your profession is inviolable, and that people hold no right at all to question it.
    - You actively believe that ethical practice in psychology is bull, and frankly in all other spheres. fine, then when you get arrested for speeding, the police can beat with you with sticks, molest you and let you on your way?

You can deny these all points if you want, but it wouldn't matter. I don't take kindly to liars.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    My honest belief here, based on your post above here and all others is this:

- You're all psychologists and are "offended" at my comments
    - You metaphysically believe that you hold some "right" to party at college, yet you cannot prove this
    - You think psychologists hold a right to mistreat people, again by pushing your subjective values onto others who don't need to care about them....
    - You think your profession is inviolable, and that people hold no right at all to question it.
    - You actively believe that ethical practice in psychology is bull, and frankly in all other spheres. fine, then when you get arrested for speeding, the police can beat with you with sticks, molest you and let you on your way?

You can deny these all points if you want, but it wouldn't matter. I don't take kindly to liars.
    bAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MBTI
    INTP

lol..

OK, suffice to say I do detest psychology and psychologists.

Why?

Well:

- They add little value to the world around them. I am not like that, since today I have done thus far:

- Got up from bed and dressed for work
    - Made my usual 45 minute commute
    - Bought some late breakfast at my usual restaurant
    - Arrived at work early as per usual
    - Commenced standard tasks, including new tasks I had seen needed to be done without prompting
    - Sent messages to my friend on Facebook and Gmail

So, yes, western society obviously condemns all of these traits, right? They make me worse than Stalin... Psychologists and their ilk cannot say the same...

- They plot to single out people "they don't like". To them, there are no standards in treatment, other than those whom they approve of. Sorry, but in my work, I treat all customers fairly.
    - They hold malevolent intentions (see my first point for further clarification).
    - they say and do things that are not per social norms, and seek to confuse their patients. Case in point casual sex as aforecited. Unless somebody tell me a law, commandant from God, or a natural law like the law of gravity, saying I can't do it, apart from some stupid social norm, then OK I'll accept. Or at least somewhere in psychological canon saying as such? You know, like how it's in ear, nose and throat medical canon that inhaling black pepper can make you sneeze?

I've probably rehashed a lot of prior points, but I don't really care.

MBTI
    NFJ

Human interaction is worth its weight in gold, but you can get honesty for free.

MBTI
    INTP

interaction?

yes, expecting all to give a crap about your metaphysical beliefs of life?

I do as I please in life, not because "fate" determines such...