User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTP

projections?

eh.. you all assigned labels onto me. don't get in a fret if you don't get reciprocal actions..

though you're all therapists and detest modern society, so what do you know?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    projections?

eh.. you all assigned labels onto me. don't get in a fret if you don't get reciprocal actions..

though you're all therapists and detest modern society, so what do you know?
    Only Sith deal in absolutes.

I did a Star Wars marathon this weekend, heh.

Though yeah, obvi, psychologists are worth it. Psychocognitive healing is an important and blameless intent.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I never seen or needed one, but I'm glad they exist.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

There is no global morality, and never has been. I only live by and care about the morals in my own society. Casual sex is thus a norm, so to assert it as bad when there is no clinical evidence to support it is wrong. They clearly live in caves, are delusional or flagrantly lie to their clients, or are rank hypocrites since they may cheat on their spouses in their private time or have a friends with benefits they see on weekends. Sexism is still right in many parts of the world, so what? It's not in my culture. To assert something as morally wrong (lol.. who defines that exactly?) and something is a pathology. Lying is morally wrong, but not a pathology per se. You're essentially saying that following what the many do in a culture is an illness.
    No, please do not group me with people seeking to harm you. I am on your side in this and agree that what they did was wrong.

I am just saying that statistically it is unsurprising that some psychologists believe casual sex is bad, since many people do. But that does not make it right to push that personal belief in a professional setting.

I agree that to follow what the many do in a culture is not an illness at all. It is normal. And I agree that casual sex is a norm in many societies. I also agree that people who live hypocritically are being unethical.

I don't have a problem with people having casual sex, personally. I actually face a similar situation in my own life with many people in my society believing that cohabitation is bad, while I choose to cohabit and see it as a common choice young people are making in my society. It also turns out that when I speak to the people who think it is bad, quite a few of them have cohabited themselves. It is frustrating. The judgment feels stupid, useless, and hypocritical. I understand that. And if I heard it from a psychologist in a professional setting, I would leave immediately and file a complaint.

However, all psychologists don't necessarily have anything to do with that sort of judgment. There are research psychologists who work in labs studying neurons; industrial-organizational psychologists who work with businesses to determine best practices; developmental psychologists who work with kids with delays; forensic psychologists who work in criminology; school psychologists who help kids who struggle in school; personality psychologists who are interested in static traits, like the ones we talk about on this forum. None of those kinds of psychology are directly related to beliefs about casual sex. So there is not really a reason to desire lab research on neurons to be stopped because of a bad counselor.

I think that it would be a more accurate use of your anger to file formal complaints against the specific people who treated you wrongly, as opposed to being angry at people you have never met. Bad individuals are everywhere... I think it has more to do with the inside of the person than the job they are working. There are bad and good people in every field. Bad doctors and good doctors. Bad lawyers and good lawyers. Bad psychologists and good psychologists. Medicine and law are still good fields, though, and I feel the same about psychology. You happened to run into some bad psychologists, but I don't think it's the fault of psychology as a whole, especially considering that in many subfields of psychology, there would be little interest in the ramifications of casual sex. I think it's the fault of the specific individuals who mistreated you, and it would be more accurate to punish those individuals for their behavior, rather than seeking to punish a very large group of people who did not have any interest or participation in harming you.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Only Sith deal in absolutes.

I did a Star Wars marathon this weekend, heh.

Though yeah, obvi, psychologists are worth it. Psychocognitive healing is an important and blameless intent.
    it is? OK...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    How do you not see that as hostile?

You're going to fast track yourself on to ignore, unlike you're therapist no one here has to interact with you and its hard to have any kind of discussion by yourself.
    She was hostile to me.

Perhaps she needs to communicate better social/communication skills. But then nerds often lack them, so it figures.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    No, please do not group me with people seeking to harm you. I am on your side in this and agree that what they did was wrong.
    Are you sure? Psychologists believe their opinions to be absolute truth you know, guided by God/the Universe itself...
    I am just saying that statistically it is unsurprising that some psychologists believe casual sex is bad, since many people do.
    Sorry, but most in my generation do not. And?
    But that does not make it right to push that personal belief in a professional setting.

I agree that to follow what the many do in a culture is not an illness at all. It is normal. And I agree that casual sex is a norm in many societies. I also agree that people who live hypocritically are being unethical.

I don't have a problem with people having casual sex, personally. I actually face a similar situation in my own life with many people in my society believing that cohabitation is bad, while I choose to cohabit and see it as a common choice young people are making in my society. It also turns out that when I speak to the people who think it is bad, quite a few of them have cohabited themselves. It is frustrating. The judgment feels stupid, useless, and hypocritical. I understand that. And if I heard it from a psychologist in a professional setting, I would leave immediately and file a complaint.

However, all psychologists don't necessarily have anything to do with that sort of judgment. There are research psychologists who work in labs studying neurons; industrial-organizational psychologists who work with businesses to determine best practices; developmental psychologists who work with kids with delays; forensic psychologists who work in criminology; school psychologists who help kids who struggle in school; personality psychologists who are interested in static traits, like the ones we talk about on this forum. None of those kinds of psychology are directly related to beliefs about casual sex. So there is not really a reason to desire lab research on neurons to be stopped because of a bad counselor.

I think that it would be a more accurate use of your anger to file formal complaints against the specific people who treated you wrongly, as opposed to being angry at people you have never met. Bad individuals are everywhere... I think it has more to do with the inside of the person than the job they are working. There are bad and good people in every field. Bad doctors and good doctors. Bad lawyers and good lawyers. Bad psychologists and good psychologists. Medicine and law are still good fields, though, and I feel the same about psychology. You happened to run into some bad psychologists, but I don't think it's the fault of psychology as a whole, especially considering that in many subfields of psychology, there would be little interest in the ramifications of casual sex. I think it's the fault of the specific individuals who mistreated you, and it would be more accurate to punish those individuals for their behavior, rather than seeking to punish a very large group of people who did not have any interest or participation in harming you.
    Well I simply dislike psychologists since they are dishonest and pushy people.

You assert that "I don't know you", well you don't know me but you judge me lol.. Seemingly for a student of the science, you don't get human conduct. Unless you can prove how human beings are owed others' attention, or how your need for attention is superior to others? I want concrete evidence, not metaphysical nonsense as the "profession" cites.

MBTI
    yupp

I think this guy might be a troll. just saying

MBTI
    INTP

And I think you're offended since you're butthurt about me speaking the truth.

But then psychologists like to deal in metaphysical points. Kind of like how you'd protest "I treat you human", when you won't reciprocate loll.. yeah, psychologists study humans but don't get basic points of human behaviour, in that nobody owed others time, and nobody has to acknowledge you.

MBTI
    yupp

And I think you're offended since you're butthurt about me speaking the truth.

But then psychologists like to deal in metaphysical points. Kind of like how you'd protest "I treat you human", when you won't reciprocate loll.. yeah, psychologists study humans but don't get basic points of human behaviour, in that nobody owed others time, and nobody has to acknowledge you.
    I'm not offended, I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt by saying you were probably a troll. The only other option is severely delusional