User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Interesting. My big thing is figuring out who my kids really are- and letting them be who they are. And be the best them they can be and feel loved and supported. I have a child that loves music and is very athletic. So I support this and never make any of it a chore. Ever. He goes to his instruments and he plays them. If he doesn't- then he doesn't. And he makes beautiful music.
    Dare I say, figuring out who you are is more important.

Our childrearing determines our psychoclass.

For instance, the child sacrifice form of child rearing leaves the remaining siblings in the paranoid psychoclass.

And the abusive form of child rearing leaves the child alive, which is an improvement, but leaves them in the blaming psychoclass.

And the authoritarian childrearing does not leave the child in the blaming psychoclass, but instead leaves the child in the controlling psychoclass.

And the helping mode of childrearing leaves the child in the empathic and creative psychoclass.

So in prosperous and democratic societies it is more important to know which psychoclass we belong to, rather than which social class.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Dare I say, figuring out who you are is more important.

Our childrearing determines our psychoclass.

For instance, the child sacrifice form of child rearing leaves the remaining siblings in the paranoid psychoclass.

And the abusive form of child rearing leaves the child alive, which is an improvement, but leaves them in the blaming psychoclass.

And the authoritarian childrearing does not leave the child in the blaming psychoclass, but instead leaves the child in the controlling psychoclass.

And the helping mode of childrearing leaves the child in the empathic and creative psychoclass.

So in prosperous and democratic societies it is more important to know which psychoclass we belong to, rather than which social class.
    Yet no one really pays any attention to this whatsoever. They only make money selling drugs and therapy to the damaged adults!
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Yet no one really pays any attention to this whatsoever. They only make money selling drugs and therapy to the damaged adults!
    Well, in prosperous societies we know child rearing practices have improved.

We know this by studying the history of childhood.

And of course not many know the history of childhood. But class is very pervasive, and most want to be in the best class.

And here we are talking about the best psychoclass.

But it is interesting that on a site devoted to pop psychology very few seem to know that child rearing practices determine personality and psychoclass.

This can easily be remedied by reading the History of Childhood.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

"Psychoclass" strikes me as a word that should not exist.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    "Psychoclass" strikes me as a word that should not exist.
    In prosperous and democratic societies 'psychoclass' is an improvement on 'social class'.

Psychoclass tells us about our child rearing and subsequent personality.

And how extraordinary on a site devoted to personality, we are told with supreme confidence that the means of understanding the genesis of personality 'should not exist'.

Perhapy you might tell that to Lloyd deMause the author of, "The Foundations of Psychohistory".

And how could we understand Psychohistory without understanding psychoclass?

And indeed how could we understand the history of childhood without understanding psychoclass?