User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The article almost sounded like it was talking about something more like emoticons if I read it correctly.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I didn't read the article, but I think I agree with the poster that said we usually choose our avatars having in mind a certain impression we want to pass. It seems to me that people that constantly change their avatars are trying to find one that is the most flattering to their personality, while the ones that choose an avatar and stay with this for a long time wish to make a visual impression and being easy to identify among the other members of the threads.
    For me, that I usually visualise the members exactly like their avatars, the impressions I get are members that want to stress their femininity/masculinity, their sense of humour, their friendliness, they want to provoke, etc. It doesn't even have to be representative, it's just a point each poster wants to make about themselves.

MBTI
    FiSi

Well... I like horses.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I wonder if people see me differently now that I've changed my avatar from a laughing character to one about to slip into a deep-thought coma?
    I would judge yours based on what I know about the actual character. Lelouch is the most beautiful anime character I've ever seen. He's also possibly the douchiest. Yet, I still like him because he's clever. As most people do.

Nonetheless, avatars are superficial. They only show one tiny facet of how a person wants to present themselves. Mine is silly. I picked Near from Death Note. It's one of my all time favorite animes. Near was an INTJ. He liked to play with toys. Simple.

MBTI
    INTP

Mine was chosen purely for WTF value. I enjoy a good WTF, and I think there's not enough WTF in the world, so I spread WTF whenever possible. If no WTF is available, I will settle for a bit of OMG, but it's not quite as good IMO.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    INXP

I've fallen for shoulder pads.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
    Mine was chosen purely for WTF value. I enjoy a good WTF, and I think there's not enough WTF in the world, so I spread WTF whenever possible. If no WTF is available, I will settle for a bit of OMG, but it's not quite as good IMO.
    mission accomplished.

MBTI
    ENTP

You fuckers! You're ona wrong thread!
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

but I picked my avatar because Everyone Loves Hypnotoad!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
    I agree. Mine is light-hearted, carefree, and definitely WTF - It's cute and I like it.

But okay, there is another meaning, but it's irrelevant.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.