User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    shy is where you're afraid of approaching other people/situations while reserve you don't have a problem doing those things but you don't voice most of what's on your mind not because you're scares (that would also be shyness) but rather you think it's irrelevant

do you agree or disagree with this?
    Pretty much. A person being reserved doesn't talk much not because he is shy, but because he just doesn't talk much.

A shy person is willing to talk more, but trying to talk/meet with people can be a source of apprehension.

Of course, one can be both reserved AND shy, wherein one doesn't like to talk much, but when one needs to talk, it is a source of apprehension.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm more shy than reserved, though I can be both. If I'm feeling comfortable around people I'm generally a chatterbox.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am not shy. However I don't like to be bothered, and I will even be rude to strangers if they insist on talking at me. However some people interpret it as shyness. But I am not. I will be very open if I feel comfortable and like socializing.

I finally learned that at least in MBTI terms I am an introvert, because people take my energy and I have to be alone to recharge. On the other hand I am extremely expressive in writing, or when I feel like talking. I am an ambivert. I am very quiet until I am not. It's not so much that I am quiet as that I need my own space. Lots of space.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    shy is where you're afraid of approaching other people/situations while reserve you don't have a problem doing those things but you don't voice most of what's on your mind not because you're scares (that would also be shyness) but rather you think it's irrelevant

do you agree or disagree with this?
    I'd agree with that. I'm both shy and reserved.

My shyness is why I try to avoid you before I meet you. My reservedness is why I look at what you're wearing and steer the conversation away from appearances and fashion.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist