• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Charming awkwardness ?

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you think theres manifestations of awkwardness that can be charming? Examples would be

I think such things can possibly be a manifestation of counterphobic 6 behavior. (or atleast with the guy up there). I feel like in myself I can be very outgoing, but also awkward like him, as a sort of way of taking my fear head on ? What do you guys think about this phenomenon ? Do you think it exists ?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know anything about any phenomenon's but they're both way awkward....and yeah i think it can be endearing.

likely because most people (i think) can relate to the feeling place that comes from.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Much more charming on a non-platonic level to me.

As in: If I am already attracted to someone.. their sudden bouts of human awkwardness are both comforting and endearing.. because let's face it, we all get awkward sometimes.

There is a charm to some occasional awkwardness for the same reasons.. but I find myself far less tolerant of consistent awkward bouts when it is coming from platonic interests (as in, I don't find it at all endearing) despite the fact I don't really care if my friends are awkward at all to begin with.

S

Stansmith

They usually have to be some attractive or funny/interesting.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't care as long as they don't let their anxieties get in the way of their integrity. If they can do what they need to do, it doesn't have to be graceful. Awkwardness often goes hand in hand with a lack of self-respect, but it doesn't have to.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
awkwardness is endearing because people who are too slick or socially savvy some across as untrustworthy or unrelatable.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll try to manufacture awkwardness in the future. Maybe I've gotten too good at this stuff.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I have no problem with awkwardness. I engage in it myself all of the time.
I find it charming in others, because I understand what it is and what motivates it.
Sincerity is sexy to me...

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm pure awkwardness.

I'm not sure it has ever been seen as charming by others.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think there's a difference between "I'm awkward because I'm attracted to you and I don't know how to act" and "I'm awkward to you because I'm an awkward person in general." I suspect most people who say "awkwardness is endearing" are referring to the former. The former is positive because it is a sign of attraction, which can create a feedback loop. The second is neutral-to-negative.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love it when people are out there or like disregard a lot of the dumb social rules that so many people take pains to adhere to. It shows either a purity that I find endearing (when it seems to be done unintentionally) or an "I don't give a fuck" attitude (when it's done intentionally) which I also happen to like.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I love it when people are out there or like disregard a lot of the dumb social rules that so many people take pains to adhere to. It shows either a purity that I find endearing (when it seems to be done unintentionally) or an "I don't give a fuck" attitude (when it's done intentionally) which I also happen to like.
in many cases, i agree! although i do like it when people adhere to certain rules, haha

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Charming awkwardness is a heart-melting thing. I've never understood laughing or mocking someone who is being open no matter how awkward it is.