• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WHat can I do about rage?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a lot of it, and if I'm not careful, it might cost my job. I need a different job, obviously, but other than that... what can I do?

I know, for instance, that I have to be very careful about telling people that they are wrong, but it's really hard for me to not do that in the most blunt way possible if somebody is sitting there accusing me of being incompetent and being snotty about it, when they are the one with no idea what they are talking about.

It frustrates me to no end that, as an employee of my company, I am far more likely to get in trouble for not being pleasant than I am for being downright negligent or incompetent. I don't think it's unique to my workplace either. It just bugs me so much that I have to not only clean up after other people's mistakes (which I suppose I don't mind>) and be pleasant about it ( which I do mind, at least someone is giving me a hard time).

Can't really afford therapy, so don't bring that up.

W

WALMART

Same problems.

Can't figure it out.

Maybe stomp out more flowers from existence.

baccheion

Take supplements that calm you down and that help you think your way out of it. Talk it out (with yourself). Get to the heart of the problem, then work it out. Sit in it until it burns out. Affirmations. Brainwave entrainment (meditation).

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Smoke more weed.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, do it pussy.

oooh, and if I start doing that, I'll get women lining up outside my apartment PAYING me to suck my cock. Actually, probably not the life I want. I would probably get arrested for that.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sympathize. :(

I just got to a point where I don't care anymore. It's just a job. Employees are expendable resources. Although this will be tested the next time I'm accused of something unfairly. The way I look at it, you can treat jobs as expendable too, and just calculate how to find another one in case you get fired. We can just smile and nod until then, and if we're not appreciated it's their loss.
Smoke more weed.
This does help!
oooh, and if I start doing that, I'll get women lining up outside my apartment PAYING me to suck my cock. Actually, probably not the life I want. I would probably get arrested for that.
Nah, you just need friends who do.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sympathize. :(

I just got to a point where I don't care anymore. It's just a job. Employees are expendable resources. Although this will be tested the next time I'm accused of something unfairly. The way I look at it, you can treat jobs as expendable too, and just calculate how to find another one in case you get fired. We can just smile and nod until then, and if we're not appreciated it's their loss.

I just am not looking forward to dealing with that if it happens. seems like a massive anxiety-filled headache.

Nah, you just need friends who do.

Smoke weed or suck cocks?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Hey, so is there a reason for all of this rage OP?

And also, have you smoked pot before?

Inb4 bags of sand.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would recommend trying to get a different job. I had stressful jobs in the university setting until I let go of that as an ambition and now have a peaceful job that is a good match for my personality, although my earnings are less without much upward mobility.

Many jobs have cruddy people, and many locations are full of politics, but not every place. It is worth making changes using as much intelligence and information possible until you find the right fit. Otherwise, environments can erode a person psychologically and physically.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just am not looking forward to dealing with that if it happens. seems like a massive anxiety-filled headache.

Smoke weed or suck cocks?
The former.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, so is there a reason for all of this rage OP?

Just like... I can't solve these kinds of problems and manage people's feelings at the same time. And nobody cares that I do the former. People make more stupid, careless mistakes, but they never get reprimanded, because they can control their rage better. Actually, I was cleaning up after someone like that when I got dumped call, and the person on the other line.. I'm doing that constantly, and I have to deal with that, and if my tone is wrong, while cleaning up after someone else's mistake, I get reprimanded. But the person in question gets rewarded for doing and gets achievement awards because they're a "positive influence."

I have to massage the egos of overly chipper mid-western ladies day in and day out, and it gets exhausting.

Customers are ok, I guess. I'm used to them being crazy and clueless. Most of them leave it at that and are content to let me fix things. Other emplyees though, ask me questions, then feel defensive about not-understanding things or realizing they made a mistake. Half the time there's a customer-waiting on the line, and I have to be soothing for them. I can only take so much of this. I have to provide explanations only to be told "Oh, I'm not a technical person. I'm going to bring the customer on." I tried to get the customer on my line before... but they want to drag it out, and they never understand anyway. It's not even like my explanations are that technical. I don't use jargon to sound more impressive.

And also, have you smoked pot before?

Yeah... but sometimes, just made me paranoid.

I would recommend trying to get a different job.

Agreed.

Many jobs have cruddy people, and many locations are full of politics, but not every place.

Good to know. I tend to think this is inevitable.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I have one, at work.

You should hit her/him up to smoke some time, if you haven't tried it. It's great stress relief for a short amount of time, if that's what you need. Although it will probably have the side effect of temporarily making you less intelligent and more lazy, so a Friday would be best. Unless you want to see whether anyone would notice if you were the opposite- really pleasant and not very competent.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You should hit her/him up to smoke some time, if you haven't tried it. It's great stress relief for a short amount of time, if that's what you need. Although it will probably have the side effect of temporarily making you less intelligent and more lazy, so a Friday would be best. Unless you want to see whether anyone would notice if you were the opposite- really pleasant and not very competent.

That's just going to make me paranoid. Not what I need.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Any way you could like work little breaks or like mini enjoyments into the day? I know that really helps me. Just like slipping away for a minute, going to the bathroom, getting out on lunch, getting a coffee, whatever.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any way you could like work little breaks or like mini enjoyments into the day? I know that really helps me. Just like slipping away for a minute, going to the bathroom, getting out on lunch, getting a coffee, whatever.

I do that when I can get them.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My INTP has had people dumping their responsibilities on him at nearly every job he's worked at. One time one of his co-workers even told me they knew they didn't have to do stuff they were supposed to because they knew he would do it if they didn't. He usually made sure he knew almost all of the ins and outs of whatever business he was working in.

It got him in the political toilet when he was managing the mail room at the Bible college we attended. Admissions had been sending out personalized letters as bulk mail, which is illegal. He told them that it was illegal and after that they couldn't pretend they didn't know (assuming they actually knew) and it hurt their budget. The director of admissions was a better ass-sucker than my husband and the administration treated him like crap after that.

He isn't here for me to ask him what he does about his anger about such things, but he does drive a truck now, which is mostly solitary (though stuff still gets pushed off on him without any extra pay). I know he cusses and insults other drivers a lot because he's butt-dialed me from work before. :laugh:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It might not. It didn't happen to me the handful of times I've done it.