User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I really am angry about a lot of things. Maybe I should write them all down somewhere. Not here, though.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Hmm. Sorry for hijacking your thread, I'm totally *not* trying to pressure you into smoking. I just get the feeling that you haven't been properly introduced to it yet. No worries, though. I'd just be very interested in hearing what you thought about a proper experience.

And also @msg_v2, feel free to vent to me if you ever feel the need to. (Just saying).

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Hmm. Sorry for hijacking your thread, I'm totally *not* trying to pressure you into smoking. I just get the feeling that you haven't been properly introduced to it yet. No worries, though. I'd just be very interested in hearing what you thought about a proper experience.

And also @msg_v2, feel free to vent to me if you ever feel the need to. (Just saying).
    I do need to get a lot of things off my chest, bad memories, feelings of betrayel, etc. I might prefer to do that silently, though, with a journal. I think it helps if I don't have to soften my words.

But thanks for the offer. I do wonder, though... what is that suppose to do for me.... see, part of the problem is I have bad vibes anyway. If bad vibes doesn't make for a good experience, smoking isn't going to get rid of the bad vibes. I actually have found two or three things I could do in this thread, though.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

the most anger that i've witnessed in other people seems to come from expectations of other people. the expectation that one might answer you in a certain way, or ask something in a certain way etc etc

my best advice is to let it go

realize everyone is just operating in the best way they know how and are not out to get you, they are not trying to piss you off and it's likely not just them being inconsiderate.

also realize...being wrong doesn't make someone an asshole.

so when you find yourself feeling angry...be your own therapist.

ask why.

take it as a challenge to learn compassion and patience.

and silently thank them for the lesson.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I do need to get a lot of things off my chest, bad memories, feelings of betrayel, etc. I might prefer to do that silently, though, with a journal. I think it helps if I don't have to soften my words.
    Try whatever you think will help. It's not good to carry those feels around with you, especially with that extra stress your job brings. It could easily lead to a breakdown of sorts.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah just read your last comment about being angry about a lot of things.

sounds like you need some good screaming out in the wilderness therapy. i've never done this but it seems like a good idea.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post

But thanks for the offer. I do wonder, though... what is that suppose to do for me.... see, part of the problem is I have bad vibes anyway. If bad vibes doesn't make for a good experience, smoking isn't going to get rid of the bad vibes. I actually have found two or three things I could do in this thread, though.
    Read my blog, that would enrage anyone.

Then you will have the fire to write it out in the open. I tend to do that in my blog and whatever people think of me, at least it is there, even if I haven't got round to verbally telling it yet.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

RDF

Go to www.amazon.com and do a search on "anger management."

There's a whole counseling/self-help industry out there that deals with exactly your problem. So do some reading and learn some new skills, as opposed to running from your problems.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Take deep long breaths when you feel rage coming on. If it's directly related to your interactions wth other employees/supervisors then prepare yourself.

Breathing in long slow breaths and breathing out long but slightly faster breaths slows down the brain which gives you time to think/de-rage before reacting. You can breath in to the count of fifteen and out to the count of ten, you can do it inaudibly so it's not noticed.

It actually works. It's free. It's worth a shot.

Just skimmed this site, looks a bit ...twee or something but have a look anyway.

http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/symptoms/anger
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Today, after every call, I've been writing down everything that annoy me, no matter how petty. Interestingly, this makes me less annoyed afterwards.

Visit my Johari: