User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emotional Blindspots

9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by squibbles View Post
    Attraction. I CANNOT, for the life of me, tell when a guy is just being friendly, or if he actually is attracted to me.

Seriously, it's probably just easier to knock me over the head, I don't get the subtle flirtatious hints

I try to have a positive outlook on life and so I don't always pick up when others are distressed or unhappy.

I'm not sure if this is an emotion or not, but I have a hard time recognizing deceit. It has happened several times where people say one thing to my face and then I find out later that they were doing something completely different behind my back.

i'm not sure what my blind spots are... mostly figuring out if a situation is romantic or platonic. i think i just mix up the signals or lack there of. other emotions seem to rub off on me though, like if someone is pissed, i can tell and i start to feel a little pissed, same with sadness, joy, etc.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Junior Member Array

I tend to miss out when someone is mad at me but I can be hypersensitive to it at times as well. I can miss it if someone is attracted to me too.

Funny thing about my own emotions. I can't remember negative ones very well at all. I experience them, but when thinking back on the situation, I don't usually remember what it felt like (especially emotions associated with physical pain.)

Sexual desire. Also when people are joking/serious sometimes. (When playing around goes too far around fools.) I'm also oblivious to attraction. Or maybe I've brainwashed myself into believing that people could like me.
    What a waste of life..

I'm not as empathetic as I'd like to be. I'm sympathetic... I understand why someone is experiencing emotion and I can relate to it a bit, but I never really feel for people in pain in a way I would like to to help them out.