12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Unhappy Long lived Journey

I am an INTJ that is like all INTJ's, looking for people to make sense. I want to know reasons why people want touchy feely bonding, and emotional sympathy and empathy. I ask that if you know some reasons why, would you please tell me. My favorite mbti type to converse with aside from other INTJ's is the INFJ.
    My preference for contributions is that you not be an INTJ, due to the fact that I'm pretty sure you will offer me theories which I have already thought of and angles in which I have already tried.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Well......
    the basic drive of anything with a heart is to communicate

when someone loves, or hurts,
    the native wants to know that he/she is not alone in the said sentiments

Perhaps this can be seen in better in a competitive light

when two alpha athletes are pitted against each other,
    they validate themselves , to their-self (via others approval if insecure) by having an equal
    someone who is as skilled and accomplished
    such a person can better empathize with the person's struggles

hope that helped
    I N V I C T U S

I thought this thread was going to be about Steve Perry.

Carry on
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INxJ

It's hard to understand why that is a need for some people. It's best to just accept that they do.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Liason View Post
    I am an INTJ that is like all INTJ's, looking for people to make sense. I want to know reasons why people want touchy feely bonding, and emotional sympathy and empathy. I ask that if you know some reasons why, would you please tell me. My favorite mbti type to converse with aside from other INTJ's is the INFJ.
    My preference for contributions is that you not be an INTJ, due to the fact that I'm pretty sure you will offer me theories which I have already thought of and angles in which I have already tried.
    Well let me offer you a simple dichotomy. Let's say there is one group of people that likes to ponder all of the mysteries of the world, things like science, math, and philosophy. And in their pondering they discover quite a few answers to these mysteries. Let's also say that this group is as a whole better at setting goals and accomplishing tasks. This group sounds like it really has things together doesn't it? They have a lot of knowledge and can get things done. What I left out though is that if this group only follows the above pursuits then eventually they will end up feeling empty, and that something has gone seriously wrong in their lives.

Now let's say there is a second group, and this second group knows the most fundamental piece of wisdom in life: that family, friends and relationships are what matter most and produce the most satisfaction. They often will insist on things like emotional bonding and empathy from other people. They do this because these things facilitate trust and closeness in relationships, and remember this is a good idea, because this group is in touch with what is most important in life.

In particular for INTJ's what I have noticed is they place a high value on their families. All of the older INTJ's I know get a lot of satisfaction from getting married and raising children. These INTJ's seem to value their families more than most other types (regardless of thinking or feeling). So these things like emotional bonding and empathy are definitely worth a try, because I think you'll find it really pays off once you have found the right people.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Well let me offer you a simple dichotomy. Let's say there is one group of people that likes to ponder all of the mysteries of the world, things like science, math, and philosophy. And in their pondering they discover quite a few answers to these mysteries. Let's also say that this group is as a whole better at setting goals and accomplishing tasks. This group sounds like it really has things together doesn't it? They have a lot of knowledge and can get things done. What I left out though is that if this group only follows the above pursuits then eventually they will end up feeling empty, and that something has gone seriously wrong in their lives.

Now let's say there is a second group, and this second group knows the most fundamental piece of wisdom in life: that family, friends and relationships are what matter most and produce the most satisfaction. They often will insist on things like emotional bonding and empathy from other people. They do this because these things facilitate trust and closeness in relationships, and remember this is a good idea, because this group is in touch with what is most important in life.

In particular for INTJ's what I have noticed is they place a high value on their families. All of the older INTJ's I know get a lot of satisfaction from getting married and raising children. These INTJ's seem to value their families more than most other types (regardless of thinking or feeling). So these things like emotional bonding and empathy are definitely worth a try, because I think you'll find it really pays off once you have found the right people.
    True.

Wait!

A world without and and and :steam:??? Oh shoot me now, just shoot me now!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    True.

Wait!

A world without and and and :steam:??? Oh shoot me now, just shoot me now!!!
    Y'know, a world without and and and :steam: doesn't sound so bad. ~sigh. Marraige is beyond me
    for a 14 year old maybe my emotions are stunted.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Heh, lots of 14 year olds have emotional problems of some sort. That's by no means exclusive to INTJ's. The sucky thing about being 14 is that everything that happens to you seems extra important for some reason. Although I can see how being an INTJ can make you a natural pariah (especially if you're female) since INTJ's come across as creepy to a lot of people.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Although I can see how being an INTJ can make you a natural pariah (especially if you're female) since INTJ's come across as creepy to a lot of people.
    It's amusing. This isn't the first time I've heard something similar about INTJs ("OMG INTJs r teh creepy stalkerz lolz" or whatever), though it's never managed to connect for me. Are we really that socially awkward?
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    It's amusing. This isn't the first time I've heard something similar about INTJs ("OMG INTJs r teh creepy stalkerz lolz" or whatever), though it's never managed to connect for me. Are we really that socially awkward?
    actually INTJ's as a whole pretty much avoid any stalker like activities. We aren't that strange. People just don't make sense.~sigh
    btw-elven lied is awesome
    5w4-4w5-1w9