• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Accurate Are Opinions?

How accurate are your own personal opinions?

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm always wrong even when I'm right. So not very

Lark

They're "right" for me and perhaps others. But not factual. Just indications of personal resonance. I think opinions ultimately guide one to believe in certain facts or to believe in non-factual things, depending on the circumstance.

No.

^ Judging by your response the post was at least compelling enough for you to have to make comment.

Not something I've found about your own posts or threads.

G

Ginkgo

^ Judging by your response the post was at least compelling enough for you to have to make comment.

Sensationalism. Typical.

A

Anew Leaf

Lark

Any chance you and your boyfriend can leave me alone?

I'd really rather you could devise some alternative way of bonding with one another.

93JC

Any chance you and your boyfriend can leave me alone?

I'd really rather you could devise some alternative way of bonding with one another.

You make yourself a rather easy target.

Lark

You make yourself a rather easy target.

See this is something I really got to respond to, havine been a real target, for real violence, for much of my life in a way that a lot of the rest of you could surmise and guess or formulate theories about in the abstract.

The reality is that I should not be a target, no one should be a target and suggesting that anyone should behave in a manner so as to present themselves as a less easy target is pretty despicable.

Think about what you're writing there and what you're part of because that's a pretty big if you could see yourself would you stop yourself moment.

A

Anew Leaf

See this is something I really got to respond to, havine been a real target, for real violence, for much of my life in a way that a lot of the rest of you could surmise and guess or formulate theories about in the abstract.

The reality is that I should not be a target, no one should be a target and suggesting that anyone should behave in a manner so as to present themselves as a less easy target is pretty despicable.

Think about what you're writing there and what you're part of because that's a pretty big if you could see yourself would you stop yourself moment.

Your main problem is the fact that you complain about behavior that you do unto others. You don't respect anyone else's viewpoints or opinions or life choices, but you demand that your choices and opinions and life be taken as gospel truth.

and the fact that you don't even seem to have the granule of self awareness that it would take to understand this just blows my mind because it's so ridiculously obvious.

93JC

Your main problem is the fact that you complain about behavior that you do unto others. You don't respect anyone else's viewpoints or opinions or life choices, but you demand that your choices and opinions and life be taken as gospel truth.

and the fact that you don't even seem to have the granule of self awareness that it would take to understand this just blows my mind because it's so ridiculously obvious.

Precisely.

Lark, you're a hypocrite. You're not a victim here: you're a bully.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
No, my opinions are not fact or the absolute. No person's are IMO.

Though I do think we tend to project our beliefs as fact for all, I guess this is one major source of conflict in the world.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, my opinions are not fact or the absolute. No person's are IMO.

Though I do think we tend to project our beliefs as fact for all, I guess this is one major source of conflict in the world.

The problem is that we're just way too freaking arrogant, like of all the opinions in the world, the ones that jump into our own minds must be the right ones, despite external measures as to how accurate they're likely to be. And of course, we're also much too aggressive towards those who disagree with our own stubborn beliefs. Argumentation is okay, but not damage.